PDA

View Full Version : No longer recognising MP3 player ?

ekko star
18-10-2006, 10:53 PM
I've got a generic 1Gb MP player which for some unknown reason is no longer recognised by my PC. It used to simply plug in and USB would recgnise it automatically as a HD. My PC no longer does this now ? What could be wrong ?

berley
19-10-2006, 10:17 AM
have you tried it on a different computer or usb port also worth cleaning the usb connector to see if that makes any difference

JonB2
19-10-2006, 11:25 AM
You could uninstall the drivers via the device manager, restart ya PC, plug the player into the USB port & see if the drivers are re installed automatically

rayu
11-12-2006, 11:28 AM
Plug it into a different PC. That way you can tell whether or not the player itself is working or not.

jrg
11-12-2006, 10:49 PM
Try it in a different PC, if it works in another PC its either software or an hardware issue mate

kryten77
12-12-2006, 01:07 AM
When you remove the player from your PC did you click on the "safely remove hardware " button in the system tray. Some USB connected MP3 players can be a bit tempramental if this procedure isnt followed.

Jango
12-12-2006, 01:52 PM
I had a similar problem to this with my cousins MP3 player, sometimes it would show and others no matter what you did you could get it to appear. Tried other comps / usb ports and the same problem if not worse. The way I sorted it was to visit the makers site and found the player had a firmware upgrade that sorted this issue out and also the software 'they' like you to use to copy the music across also had an update......he's not had a problem since. Hope this helps mate.