PDA

View Full Version : Simple way to mount NAS drive?

balders41
15-10-2006, 09:01 AM
I have the latest Neutrino image on my Dreambox 500c. I want to set it up so it will record to my NAS drive. I have tried to mound the driver in network settings but no luck! Can anyone tell me the easiest way to set this up? Is their a simple plugin I can use?

Thanks NEIL

Speedy2206
15-10-2006, 12:57 PM
Look for the "NAS Command Line Mounter" in the downloads section :) It has a readme file for reference. You can test the tool by running it via telnet at first and entering all the settings; if it works correctly then you can add it to your "start_neutrino" file in /var/etc so that it mounts your NAS drive at every startup :)

balders41
15-10-2006, 07:49 PM
Sorry I know I'm daft but I'm lost. I add the file nas_cmd into /var/bin? How do I add the command "/var/bin/nas_cmd 192.168.0.2 mypass dreambox /mnt/hdd/movie"? Using note pad? and I'm afraid I dont understand "CHMOD 755"

Sorry to ask daft question's

NEIL

Speedy2206
15-10-2006, 09:42 PM
1. Using your FTP program, transfer the nas_cmd file to /var/bin.
2. Click Start Menu -> Run... and type: telnet 192.168.0.X
(where X is your DBOX IP address)

3. Enter the username, which is root ... you shouldnt need a password.
4. Type the following, and press enter (capitalization is important):
chmod 755 /var/bin/nas_cmd

5. The NAS command-line mounter is now ready to go. All you'll need to do is start it. To do that, just enter the following and press enter (capitalization is important):
/var/bin/nas_cmd 192.168.0.X password sharename /mnt

Where:
- 192.168.0.X is the IP address of your NAS Drive
- password is the password that you assigned to connect to your NAS
- sharename is the shared directory you assigned on your NAS

There will be some output, and hopefully your NAS drive will now be connected. You can access its files from /mnt on your box. To test this, use your FTP program and navigate to /mnt. If you see your NAS drive files there then the command was successful.

If your NAS drive is still not mounted then examine the output of the command on-screen. Look for any error messages and post here. The most likely reason is that you entered your NAS settings wrong. Check the password and sharename of your NAS and try again.

Remember this will only work natively with a Dreambox, and that if you are using a dreambox then you will need further support files to get it going :)

balders41
16-10-2006, 08:11 AM
I can see that it works ok! Is their a way to set it up permienantly? Also the file path in direct recording settings will not save changes. is is set to /hdd/movies when I change it to /mnt and re boot it does not save changes? I can also only make changes with yweb?

NEIL B

Speedy2206
16-10-2006, 09:39 PM
Seems like the image may be corrupted in some way (maybe a JFFS2 image and the mount didnt work properly, therefore saving files to the DBOX memory instead of the NAS???). I reckon you should reflash with the same image and start again.

To get it to mount permanently you will need to edit the start_neutrino or start_all file in either /var/etc, /etc/init.d, or /var/tuxbox. Just add the following line to the very top of the file:

/var/bin/nas_cmd 192.168.0.X password sharename /mnt &

(or whatever the mount point is). Then save the file and reboot. Don't use NotePad or WordPad for anything like this as it doesnt save the lines properly and might cause your box to not boot. Instead, use something like TextPad (available from internet).

balders41
17-10-2006, 04:21 PM
Thanks got it to mount. I just mounted the /hdd folder. The only prob is now is I still have a speed problem. Mp3 stuter and video is int. Any idea's