PDA

View Full Version : no driver for ethernet card

cruisecontroller
29-05-2006, 10:57 PM
does anyone know how to find out what nic card you have, i have formatted hard drive and cant install my 2nd nic card because i binned the drivers and cand seem to find out what card it is to reinstall the drivers HELP

Hunter
29-05-2006, 10:58 PM
driverguide.com allows you to input FCC id

cruisecontroller
29-05-2006, 10:59 PM
what is FCC id mate

scruff1963
29-05-2006, 11:01 PM
it should be written on the nic card somewhere.
it should have the info written on the card (model/make)

cruisecontroller
29-05-2006, 11:04 PM
thanks guys

satansoft
12-06-2006, 02:03 AM
Most nic cards now use the Realtek 8139 chip, so if you find generic drivers for this chip, it normally solves the problem. try finding something like "SiSoft Sandra" or similar. Should help with your hardware ID

fernando
16-06-2006, 01:17 PM
drivergenius pro is something that works well for this kinda stuff as well... Id recommend installing it and once you've got all your drivers, create an exe file with the wizard in it and thats all you need next time you format- it will create an exe containing ALL your drivers so no more disks everywhere.... :-)

I try to attach it but it failed, so if anyone wants to play about with it, PM me and ill email it across....

jackdee69
19-06-2006, 11:01 AM
driverguide.com or drivermagic will help take out card on it somewhere will tell you model & make

Paul_Robson
13-07-2006, 03:18 PM
If your using windows XP then it should detect card automatically. Other wise the the program called Everest.

hacker
13-07-2006, 06:30 PM
Driverguide is a fine site, id usually use astra32 first, doesnt always wrk thoug to tell me what the hardware is, if not i wld resort to typing in the model num to google and search that, cnt beat good old google,lol

quark01
15-11-2006, 03:09 PM
dr hardware is a very good prog for getting info on drivers

rayu
11-12-2006, 11:25 AM
Look on the actual card for the model code! once you know that driverguide.com can find nearly all drivers...

thedoon
11-12-2006, 04:20 PM
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. all well i find the best way is to use this little program it should update all ur driver with just a clck of the mouse and u can back them up also ..

Driver Magician v3.1

Driver Magician offers a professional solution for device drivers backup, restoration and update in Windows operating system. It identifies all the hardware in the system, extracts their associated drivers from the hard disk and backs them up to a location of your choice. Then when you format and reinstall/upgrade your operating system, you can restore all the "saved" drivers just as if you had the original driver diskettes in your hands. After one system reboot, your PC will be loaded and running with the required hardware drivers.
What"s more, Driver Magician has a built in database of the latest drivers with the ability to go to the Internet to receive the driver updates. It saves lots of time to find the correct drivers and mature drivers will obviously increase the performance of hardware. If there are unknown devices in your PC, Driver Magician helps you to detect them easily and quickly with its built in hardware identifier database.

callisto11
13-12-2006, 05:14 PM
Unknown device identifier is also very good for this job.
Unknown Device Identifier - Freeware Download (http://www.zhangduo.com/udi.html)