PDA

View Full Version : Is there a reliable mod chip for the xbox 360 yet ???

Livo-san
08-10-2006, 08:28 PM
Can any body tell me?

phasee
11-10-2006, 12:26 PM
No mod chip as far as I know.

But if you are just looking to play backup games. Why not modify the firmware?

It is extremely easy to do.

Shipoftheline
11-10-2006, 12:34 PM
for now but Microsoft have annouced a hack proof dvdrom :(

phasee
11-10-2006, 12:47 PM
Yea, they have to say it is hack proof though, or else they will lose business from game developers etc.

The devs in the 360 community will come up with something im sure. If not then microsoft aren't as useless as I thought.

Shipoftheline
11-10-2006, 12:56 PM
Yea, they have to say it is hack proof though, or else they will lose business from game developers etc.

Yea its really hurt Sony with the Platstation 2 lol

x2c
11-10-2006, 04:06 PM

lol they said the XBOX 360 would be completely hack proof before it was released :P

tinkertiler
11-10-2006, 08:18 PM

The hackers have found a way of extracting the firmware all ready so its just a matter of time till they get it hacked properly. They said that the original Xbox was hackproof and look at what happened to that!

pfitz
26-10-2006, 12:04 AM
check out MrModchips The Number 1 Name In Console Modifications for modchips
but realistically you don't need a modchip unless your playing live

psycobob
30-10-2006, 03:50 AM
according to the latest samsung toshiba hack its near 100% impregnable so live would prob be fine but thats still a chance all people take and if live is your style i wouldnt bother modding

Diablo13
30-10-2006, 04:20 AM
The hackers have found a way of extracting the firmware all ready so its just a matter of time till they get it hacked properly. They said that the original Xbox was hackproof and look at what happened to that!
I think you have since found out differently m8, that they can make them unhackable. For the moment at least they have shown they are not quite as daft as we thought they were. :troutslap:

Don't buy a 360 from %c world if you want to mod it as we know they have the newer mounted unhackable drives in stock, here at least.

tinkertiler
05-11-2006, 02:42 PM
I think you have since found out differently m8, that they can make them unhackable. For the moment at least they have shown they are not quite as daft as we thought they were. :troutslap:

Don't buy a 360 from %c world if you want to mod it as we know they have the newer mounted unhackable drives in stock, here at least.

I said that they had extracted the firmware which they have done and they are trying to find a way to flash it without removing the chip and reprograming it in a programmer . Its only a matter of time before it will be able to be flashed again.

Diablo13
12-11-2006, 05:39 AM
It would seem there might be light at the end of the tunnel. It should be possible to remove the new chip and flash it as you said in a chip programmer. We will await the results when the kit gets here from the states next week.

warby23
05-12-2006, 05:28 PM
ok I have just read the posts in this thread and have a couple of questions.

Am I right in saying that only certain 360's with hitachi DVD drives in them can have the firmware hacked?
I know that the firmware can be hacked and that it is supposed to be easy, but how is it done?
If I decide to get the Fractal 360 Chip from MrModchips does anyone have any wiring diagrams for the soldering and do I also have to mod the firmware?

cheers

Collider
05-12-2006, 08:17 PM
Fractal 360 DVD Patchmod Specs Details
>> More details about the Fractal 360 Xbox 360 DVD Patchmod has been released:
[QUOTE]
Fractal 360 specs:
* Only 12 wires to solder for BOTH Hitachi-LG and Toshiba-Samsung DVD drives
* On the fly patching! Your onboard firmware stays untouched.
The F360 intelligently monitors the operation of the original firmware until it detects a disc has been inserted. If the game is an original, the F360 switches off and your behaves like an untouched reader as no patches are applied what so ever in the event of this scenario.
* No need to convert disc images, the F360 is fully compatible with actual security sectors.
* Media Fix for Hitachi drives which optimizes media compatibility - a software applied bitsetting. When a backup disc is inserted, the bitsetting is forced to that of an original disc thus optimizing media compatibility.
* Security sectors and game ripping on both Hitachi and Samsung drives
* Optional installation of a dual coloured LED, a green light signals the current set up has been authenticated to safely go online, whereas a red light indicates a backup is inserted and not safe to go online.
* Fully automatic F360 disable feature for original games. If the drive is able to read a security sector from the original location then the chip detects this and automatically turns it off, achieving maximum user security.
* One universal unit only to work with Toshiba and Samsung drives, the F360 doesn't require two revisions.

site for fractal ;)
::[:: FractalTeam.com ::]:: Home of the fractal360 chip (http://www.fractalteam.com/)

yosaito
07-12-2006, 05:35 PM
Really it is not worth getting a chip, the current issue with hitachi drives will only be temporary. You can ask the people in the shop to open the unit and open the tray to check its got a ******** rom (samsung) If you go into Game ive found them more then willing to do this when the shop is quiet, had to open 5 units to find a good'un :)

lastword
07-12-2006, 08:29 PM
Regards firmware updates, if the Xbox is a PC, why can't Xbox Live force download a program (x86) software which reads the firmware and checks if it had changed. If so it could report back to Microsoft and Cancel your live membership.

This I am sure is possible!??

hakz
07-12-2006, 09:10 PM
Really it is not worth getting a chip, the current issue with hitachi drives will only be temporary. You can ask the people in the shop to open the unit and open the tray to check its got a ******** rom (samsung) If you go into Game ive found them more then willing to do this when the shop is quiet, had to open 5 units to find a good'un :)

how will they sell the other 4 lol

wedgie
07-12-2006, 10:42 PM
EARLY 360S.these can be done and used live has long has you dont accept the update on line. Has for the it can not be hacked cre(ALL) THE NEW ONE HAS IS A SOLID RESIN ROUND ALL THE CHIPS... YOU CAN FLASH MOST OF THE OLDER ONES THOU.GAME ON FOR FREE.......

Perfectionist
13-12-2006, 12:46 AM
What can you do with an XBox once it is hacked ??

sini
13-12-2006, 10:38 PM
EARLY 360S.these can be done and used live has long has you dont accept the update on line. Has for the it can not be hacked cre(ALL) THE NEW ONE HAS IS A SOLID RESIN ROUND ALL THE CHIPS... YOU CAN FLASH MOST OF THE OLDER ONES THOU.GAME ON FOR FREE.......

There is no reason not to update your console. There was an issue with an E66 error on some consoles but this can be easily fixed by flashing to the relevant release.

What can you do with an XBox once it is hacked ??

Play backups.

The mod chips do the exact same thing as flashing would achieve, save yourself the money and try a flash.

generals
13-12-2006, 10:45 PM
team underdog have released a chip nme-360

can anybody confirm can you still go on xbox live with modified firmware?

sini
13-12-2006, 10:59 PM
can anybody confirm can you still go on xbox live with modified firmware?

can't see any stickies in the 360 section about questions we are not allowed to ask (and im a new member so having doubts about answering).
afaik people with such firmware have reported to use live with no issues, but tbh getting banned from live is a chance you should be willing to take if you are gonna flash.

tinkertiler
14-12-2006, 03:05 PM
I have a modded 360 and i go on live all the time and i have had no issues at all. There will be one day when M$ says thats it and all the people with modded 360s get banned but it hasnt happend yet. The only thing that M$ can do is ban your Xbox 360 they can do nothing to the box itself to disable it in any way because that would be illegal.!

All those people that are asking if it is ok to go on LIVE the answer is yes at the moment no one knows when they will be banning people it just hasnt happend yet.