PDA

View Full Version : TalkTalk Broadband

Hitman
07-10-2006, 11:35 PM
Theres been a lot of complaints about talk talk broadband and its even been on watchdog.

I have talktalk and to be honest ive been fairly happy with it.

My average speed is about 1.7 meg and recently my mates one was updated and he now gets 6 meg.

this costs me ?21 per month including most phone calls which is cheaper than my old bt line and ive got the broadband thrown in.

i know the customer service is a bit ****e but then again your not paying much for it anyway.

Anyone else here on talktalk like to add their opinion on this?

DessertDog
07-10-2006, 11:43 PM
talk talk does restrict sites like these and all p2p sites ask den456 when hes on he has it

Hitman
08-10-2006, 11:41 AM
I havent noticed any restrictions at all...p2p seems to work fine although i did read on the website that it is capped.

I use limewire pro and get fast downloads almost always but i dont use it for long periods...mainly because my files are downloaded quickly.

mr.harry
08-10-2006, 01:51 PM
I'm with onetel and have just noticed they have joined or been taken over by talk talk and have noticed connection speeds are not what they used to be on torrent sites . Where can you find out what isp does not cap or limit downloads.

notanotherone
08-10-2006, 03:50 PM
I'm with onetel and have just noticed they have joined or been taken over by talk talk and have noticed connection speeds are not what they used to be on torrent sites . Where can you find out what isp does not cap or limit downloads.
well loads of them do it it was also talked about here http://world-of-digital.com/forums/5/7189-ntl-telewest-admits-traffic-shaping-its-new-post.html so it seems that a lot of comapnys are doing it but not saying anything

anothernoobie
08-10-2006, 09:35 PM
my sister just joined talktalk and its not bad at all.
basic 2meg broadband, linerental and calls for ?21 i think.

setup went pretty smoothly, no problems in last 4 days so no experience of calling talktalk support
at the moment she is pretty happy

Sempre O Mesmo
08-10-2006, 10:27 PM
hi

not a bad price but ntl has got cheaper price on 2meg

thxs
sempre o mesmo

Velocity
11-10-2006, 09:15 PM
I was thinking about getting it, but I thought the Sky Broadband was a better deal.

s0000
12-10-2006, 03:08 PM
Sky broadband with 2mb is free if you are a sky subscriber, but there is an activation fee (?40!!). They say you can get upto 16mb speeds if you pay ?10 a month extra on top of subscription service with activation free, although I do not know if it reaches them speeds!? Anyone know!?

Hitman
12-10-2006, 11:53 PM
As talk talk are buying out AOL i recon the service should get better as they have invested quite a few quid into it.

boabness
13-10-2006, 02:17 PM
aol is going down hill m8 so will probably turn out a pile o sh*t now

lansdowne
21-11-2006, 06:27 PM
I've had TalkTalk for quite a while now. No complaints really, speed has been quite good and no restrictions whatsoever.

As far as Customer Service is concerned I think I'm doing a world tour. Started off in India and Pakistan and last time it was Cape Town!
You get no service at all just blatant crap and lies, and no matter if they haven't solved your problem they just say "Is there anything else I can help you with !!!"

Davey H