PDA

View Full Version : Netgear me102 access point.

tinkle
06-10-2006, 11:58 AM
Just purchased a netgear me102 access point to be able to connect my box to my home network (netgear wgt624 wireless router), the man at the comp fair said this would work, i can't get this to work at all. To be honest i am a complete Novice at networking and would appreciate some help. Netstumbler finds the mac address of the ap but i cannot ping the ap using the ip 192.168.0.5 wich is the default ip adress for the ap. So to recap i have a desktop pc upstairs connected directly via ethernet to my cable modem which is connected to my wireless router (this work's ok as i use it for my wirless laptop), then i have the ap connected to my dbox via crossover:please:
Thanks
Tinkle

pokerplaya
11-10-2006, 10:59 AM
that set up sounds totally wrong..... id start again from scratch with the wiring..... if your using a hub you dont need a cross over cable i believe.

Haladini
16-10-2006, 10:26 AM
You state that 192.168.0.5 is the default address for the AP. Is this the ip address which the Dbox is showing for it's networking? Is the dbox on fixed ip address or DHCP? What is the ip address of the wired PC and the router? What is the ip address of your wireless laptop?

This info may show up where the glitch lies.

You could also try connecting the PC to the AP, disconnect the PC from the wired network and confirm that all is working wirelessly.

Does the AP connect to the PC with a crossover lead or standard network lead? The dbox should connect with the same type of lead.

waslos
17-11-2006, 12:58 PM
just try a restart