PDA

View Full Version : heating help

tuffers
03-10-2006, 11:30 AM
Hi all, Looking for some help on radiators. Right now i am looking to add 3 or 4 radiators on to my initially combi boiler but i have been told that i have to know if my boiler can handle the extra radiators. I have no idea what this means just wondering if anyone out there could explain this procedure and if possible tell me how to work out the ratio of radiator size to room size.
Cheers guys

Not_much_cop
03-10-2006, 11:39 AM
Hi all, Looking for some help on radiators. Right now i am looking to add 3 or 4 radiators on to my initially combi boiler but i have been told that i have to know if my boiler can handle the extra radiators. I have no idea what this means just wondering if anyone out there could explain this procedure and if possible tell me how to work out the ratio of radiator size to room size.
Cheers guys

If you do a search on google, you will find calculators that will calculate the size of radiator you need, in BTU's for your rooms.
From this you shoul dknow what size your combi boiler is, again in BTU's (Thousands). You then need to work out/calculate the size of all your existing radiators. Add all these BTU's up and as long as they are the same or less than the boiler, it should be able to handle the extra rads.

Failing all that, the easy route is to phone any local plumber/plumbing centre and ask them what is the max number of rads you can put on your boiler, if they are all average sized rads, nothing very big etc. They should be able to give you a rough guide.

If you do then decide to install the extra rads you will more than likely need to balance the system/ rads so that they all work and give out approx the same amount of heat.

Hope that is of some help.
NMC

tuffers
04-10-2006, 07:31 PM
Thanks for your replay this has helped lots hopefully get it sorted out soon.

Cheers!!!