PDA

View Full Version : remote assistant for pc

mr b
01-10-2006, 12:37 PM
Hi Dose Anyone No Of Free Remote Assistant/desk Beside Xp Own To Fix Pc Thanks

cakest
01-10-2006, 01:29 PM
what seems to be the problem m8,i may be able to help.dont know any sites tho.

Declan
02-10-2006, 12:49 AM
since he is banned what is wrong or what is the problem , im sure someone on here will be able to help

grantie
02-10-2006, 03:00 AM
there are a few vnc varients you can try if you want remote access. I personally use this one Download TightVNC (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. It is free there is a lot of vnc varients out there i like this one and its free hope this helps you.

fatkitkat
02-10-2006, 09:41 AM
use logmein.com
setup account and use logme pro(trial) if you want access to more than one pc. Else use logmein free which is for just one pc and is you guessed it free.

better IMHO than VNC. For me anyway.

fatkitkat

callisto11
03-10-2006, 12:02 PM
If you are connecting to your PC over the Internet you MUST consider security, to stop hackers from breaking into your PC. The Internet is constantly being scanned by automatic programs to discover if there are any open ports available for connection. The standard connection ports are already known, so its just aquestion of finding them.
VNC (or any other remote control program) are fine but consider using them via a secure, encryped, authenticated SSH tunnel, as described here :
(Bitvise) WinVNC and SSH Tunneling (http://www.bitvise.com/winvnc.html)

Hexen-NI
04-11-2006, 12:04 AM
Forget VNC, it's only good for local area networks. Use RAdmin for wide area networks...

In work I use VNC to manage servers. I connect to my home PC from work by using RAdmin. I have two PC's at home, so depending on which port I ask RAdmin to connect to, and whatever password I use, I can connect to either home PC from my workplace! Handy when seeing if downloads are completed, to start more downloads!! :)))

dreamer
06-08-2008, 06:18 PM
I know this is an old thread but I am trying to find informatin to enable me to securely access my friends computer so that I can help her out as she is a newbie to computing. I found a program called ultravnc which is open source. I'm not keen on using logmein or other ones you do via a a webpage. I want to connect directly and securely. I know there is a remote desktop facility in win xp pro bit thisis for comps on a LAN. Has anyone got any experience of using ultraVNC?

Cheech47
06-08-2008, 06:52 PM
I know this is an old thread but I am trying to find informatin to enable me to securely access my friends computer so that I can help her out as she is a newbie to computing. I found a program called ultravnc which is open source. I'm not keen on using logmein or other ones you do via a a webpage. I want to connect directly and securely. I know there is a remote desktop facility in win xp pro bit thisis for comps on a LAN. Has anyone got any experience of using ultraVNC?

As suggested above I would use TightVNC, either that or use the bog standard remote assistance supplied in windows

Satsearching
06-08-2008, 07:03 PM
I use UltraVNC regular, from controlling kids machines upstairs to sorting a m8's computer 80 miles away. Worth trying and it's free.

Used to use Radmin at work, was very good but out of touch with it as like many others I got sick of waiting over 2 years for them to produce a 2000 video hook driver. I use PC Anywhere at work now but not so cheap.

I would start off trying UltraVNC.

SS

dreamer
06-08-2008, 07:06 PM
As suggested above I would use TightVNC, either that or use the bog standard remote assistance supplied in windows

From what I have read on the microsoft website, I understood that you could only use remote assistance in windows xp if you were on a LAN? Not a direct connection to a home pc from another home pc over the internet.

I know there is also a prog called PC anywhere but I was looking for a free program to use and had come accross unltavnc. I also need it to be scure and I'm not too clued up on how to do that.

Any easy to understand advice would be appreciated especially form someone who is using or has used the program or similar program.

Thanks

Collider
06-08-2008, 07:29 PM
i know this is an old thread and dreamer bumped it but there is a list here if anyones intrested

remote software downloads and reviews at Download.com (http://www.download.com/3120-2001_4-0.html?sort=rating&qt=remote&operatingSystems=128&licenseType=49&tag=srt.er)

Magnu420
06-08-2008, 09:32 PM
i used to use pc anywhere corp version,very good as you can file transfer between two
also i got it on a drive somewhere will let you know

Collider
06-08-2008, 10:37 PM
This -->> RemotelyAnywhere - Remote Access Solutions (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. is what the hacker Gary McKinnon Gary McKinnon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_McKinnon) used to launch and attack on the pentagon lol

eo777777
11-08-2008, 09:28 PM
i am a convert to logmein.com after using vnc, remote login using msn messenger etc. it is quite simple, works and i dont need to send softwares to computers which i want to connect in the future. i simply ask users to register under my login and i can connect within minutes. best of all, the basic features are free.