PDA

View Full Version : Formatting Dell Laptop

y2krog2000
28-09-2006, 11:03 PM
I just installedwindows ona dell laptop andit has came upwith 3 partitionsonthe drive that I cant get rid of, the only thing i can do with the partitions is make more if i wanted. Is there a way to get around this and just have windows with no partitions, by the way I was using the manage disc option to try this.

Oh and every time i reboot it asks meto pick what windows to start, anyone know how to get rid of this?

Declan
28-09-2006, 11:14 PM
it seems that you have just installed windows, i think that you need to completly
format it to get rid of the 3 partitions

y2krog2000
28-09-2006, 11:19 PM
When installing xp it would normally let me format completly but the 3 partitions were there and it wouldntl et me delete them Installed it twice and it never let me either time.

dx100-uk
29-09-2006, 12:35 AM
make yourself a bootable CD with FDISK.COM on it or get a copy of Partition magic or one of the free partition manager programs.
then remove all the parrtition and make yourself on large dos one.

if you have a floopy drive and can boot from that all the better

it puzzles me your dell has no hidden partition you enable to tackle this.
have a browse around a few places and see what others are saying.

dx100:41:

y2krog2000
29-09-2006, 12:55 AM
Cheers for the help I got an error message when I tried to reboot andhad to do a clean install and that sorted it allout.

purplesweetie
29-09-2006, 03:46 AM
if u got to run, then type msconfig and then go to startup, u should be able to edit the other partions out of the start up options