PDA

View Full Version : PS3 games are £52 each

Shipoftheline
26-09-2006, 08:51 AM
SONY'S NEW new super soaraway PS3 games will cost punters a stonking $100 or ?52 when the machine is finally released.
Japanese site Impress Watch, citing "multiple information sources", claims that PS3 games will be concentrated in the ?39-52 range. Currently only bigger titles on the PS2 reach the ?39 mark.

At the heart of the price rice was the fact that Sony has been unable turn the PS3 into an open platform in time. It has not produced a development environment, manuals, security management and community features.

This means that Sony has gone for a traditional business model where the price of the PS3 will be low, but it will make up its cash from software royalties.

As we know, the cost of the PS3 will not be that low, so the prospect of ?52 games will probably make owning and running the console extremely expensive. The Xbox 360 console will be much cheaper and its games are nearly ?20 less.

PS3 games are £52 each (http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=34617)

trinitys_mate
29-09-2006, 11:51 PM
wasnt resident evil 2 ?50 when it came out on the ps1

jayjayuk
07-12-2006, 11:22 PM
yeah it was expensive i remmeber buying it, but its like most things they start off high then after time they reduce there price. however i still see alot of ps2 selling around ?100 just for a console :S

Diablo13
10-12-2006, 03:53 AM
We better hope someone cracks it before it gets here then! At these rippoff prices Sony deserve all they get in my opinion.
Intel wanted to win back market leader status from AMD so they priced their new Core 2 Duo chips accordingly to get the best "bang for your buck", with great succes. Sony should have done the same if they want to win back customers from the now well established X box 360.They have'nt so ultimately I think it will be their loss. Its no good making a few million in the first few months, the PS3 needs to maintain its sales in the future as well.
If no one cracks it before, they may well "leak" the information themselves in order to sell more machines.

fojis
29-12-2006, 04:00 AM
You have to expect this kind of pricing as this has always been the trend for all games consoles (even going back to the SNES). Paitience is the key. But we all know its a pain in the arse aswell.

weezil101
29-12-2006, 12:57 PM
Ouch! Who is running Sony's PR department these days? Homer Simpson??

a1.gaz
22-02-2007, 10:20 PM
Lets hope the games are worth the money...bet they are you know :)