PDA

View Full Version : Dvd Has No Free Space

Declan
21-09-2006, 05:56 PM
when i try to burn a movie on to a brand new dvd, it says that there is no space available and when i goto
Mycomputer > dvd-rw drive > properties

it says that there is 0kb/mb free and 0kb/mb being used and the disk is brand new, i have tried this with 2 disks and i still get the same message

Anyone know whats wrong?

stickywicket
21-09-2006, 11:17 PM
try with diff burning software an make sure its not a bad batch. try dvd decrypter or similar.

Diablo13
22-09-2006, 12:19 AM
I had a Lite on dvd writer that did that some time ago and it just did not like the DataWrite yellow media disks I was using.
You could always try uninstalling the writer and rebooting to see if it got picked up and worked better when it was re installed?
Hope this helps as its got to be worth a try.

callisto11
22-09-2006, 11:28 AM
when i try to burn a movie on to a brand new dvd, it says that there is no space available and when i goto
Mycomputer > dvd-rw drive > properties

it says that there is 0kb/mb free and 0kb/mb being used and the disk is brand new, i have tried this with 2 disks and i still get the same message

Anyone know whats wrong?

Sounds like you are using XP's own built-in burning function. I would try using a proper CD/DVD bruning application such as Nero, or Alcohol etc.

Dossermac
24-09-2006, 10:27 AM
Sounds like you are using XP's own built-in burning function. I would try using a proper CD/DVD bruning application such as Nero, or Alcohol etc.
Movie factory is good if you want to add menus, Chapters etc.

watto_uk
24-09-2006, 12:07 PM
Nero plus DVD shrink is what I use.

DVD shrink is free, too. :)

mr.harry
25-09-2006, 11:41 PM
Try out the latest free trial version of nero-the best software available from //To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. and if possible use ritek disks. I use 1000's of them and they only cost about 25 pounds per 100. What kind of burner disks and software are you using

Diablo13
26-09-2006, 12:00 AM
Got to agree with mr harry, Nero 7 is the dogs bits for all sorts of reasons. They've just got an upgrade out as well which solves some compatability problems the early version had. They also have a neat addon pack to make some quite smart menus for your dvd's. All can be downloaded from the Nero Site. I also use Ritek disks and can burn at 16x with no problem and very very rarely do I get a coaster. :thumbup:

kujina
29-09-2006, 11:34 PM
The last version of Nero 6.x.x.x is the most stable I think.

anothernoobie
30-09-2006, 07:03 PM
The last version of Nero 6.x.x.x is the most stable I think.

got to agree there m8.
i had no end of trouble with nero 7.

try using clone dvd and any dvd to burn your movies as i find its even better then dvd shrink and nero combination

s0000
12-10-2006, 04:20 PM
If your using nero make sure you destination is the dvdrw drive not the 'image recorder'