PDA

View Full Version : Network Storage Center

Gazer
18-09-2006, 10:07 PM
Iam after a Network Storage Center with a ip on it so that i can get to my files from work anyone know of any good ones around?? i did have my eyes on the Buffalo LinkStation (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Storage Center 250 GB but dont know if they do one with a ip
Any thoughts ??

Gazer

Declan
19-09-2006, 07:40 PM
well i use awardspace its very easy to excess and use , i have an ftp with them which i use for storing school work but the thing is i dont know if it has an ip

WeeFatBob
09-10-2006, 01:35 AM
hi,
This type of hd is starting to pop up all over the place now. i have seen them as low as 35 quid on fleebay even seen a model for 40 in maplin electronics and there not the cheapest company around. I have a linksys NSLU2 and use it to share hd's across my network. i also have been using it as a lamp server and ftp server due to 3rd party firmware. just a note to keep in mind these network drives all tend to be slow and for transfering files your much much faster using a usb2 hd.

JonB2
18-10-2006, 09:44 AM
Hi,
I've been using the item below for approx 18 months without any problems, you can even access it via WAN to share files with ya mates.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Details:
- 250GB External 3.5" HDD enclosure with Ethernet interface
- Share files over LAN as a file server (SAMBA) and over the Internet as an FTP server
- Standalone operation, no PC required
- Front LED Light indicated Power ON/OFF
- Automatic network configuration allows for easy setup and installation
- Microsoft Windows 98SE / ME / 2000 / XP
- MAC OS 10.2 or later version
- Fast data/files access and transfer rate up to 480mb/Sec
- Backup Utility Software allows for a wide range of options to protect your critical data
- Share music, photos, movies and your data with anyone on the network
- Multiple computers can access the hard drive simultaneously
- Use as an FTP Server
- Administer the Simple NAS through a web browser interface
- Easy firmware download support
- Easy configuration over HTTP
- Flexible configuration as static IP, DHCP client, or DHCP server
- Auto Ethernet cable type detection (straight or crossed)
- Auto spin-down and wakeup
There's onr on fleebay ATM
eBay.co.uk: Network 250GB Hard Drive NAS FTP lan File Server (item 120041442529 end time 22-Oct-06 17:01:46 BST) (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Network-250GB-Hard-Drive-NAS-FTP-lan-File-Server_W0QQitemZ120041442529QQihZ002)
Jon

xboxmu
05-11-2006, 01:09 PM
Hello,

I have used the Buffalo 1Tb NAS and it is quite good but expensive. I am also looking to buy one of these boxex to put in the loft and keep all my mp3 and divx on it then connect it to my xbox (which I use like a media center). Do you have any experience on this?

Cheers
Altaf

John
07-11-2006, 11:49 AM
i thinking of getting one of these Freecom Network MediaPlayer for storage and playing divix and stuff.

http://www.freecom.com/objects/00007321.pdf