PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba 32Z17B Help

The-Wappy-One
16-09-2006, 01:08 PM
Well need a little help here and it would be appreciated.

the tv has started with a red tint on the screen i know its something to do tieh the color controler for the red (Been a while since i did my 224 in electronics about 10 years lol) but im having trouble narrowing it down :(.

does any one know where it is on the cb or have a Circit diag for the tv OR anyone know what EXSACTLY is causing it ;) .

And before some one says upgrade to TFT/plasma .. i carn't afford it ;).. dam i'd struggle to get this repair done at a shop ;)

Any help is appreciated

Wapp

twobeercans
16-09-2006, 03:08 PM
wappy i take it this is a crt tube then lol. most crt type tubes have a red green and blue adjustment on the tube base.
sounds lke you need to grey scale the tube. using the remote turn the colour right off so the pic is black and white now fade the contrast back so it is quite low. now you need to adjust the three trimmers red green and blue to achieve the best black and white picture. once done put contrast back up and turn on the colour - should be yards better. (some later tv's don't have these trimmers - in which case you will have to boost the tube)

this usually happens as the tube runs flat. there should also be a large resistor feeding the heater of the tube - removing this turns heater up and breathes a little life into the tube again < but it is the beginning of the end if you do this lol.

do you mean a red tint or do you mean a red line around the whites?

The-Wappy-One
16-09-2006, 04:30 PM
its actually a red tint i'll give you a exsample

a bannana is now orange and not yellow lol

i did find this site about a hour ago

Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ: Notes On The Troubleshooting And Repair Of Television Sets (http://an.hitchcock.org/repairfaq/REPAIR/F_tvfaq8.html#TVFAQ_001)

i might try that but its getting the cuircit diags for it.. the more i look into it its starting more and more to makeme think it is the tube :(

as for the pots there are 5 pots at the base and there labled rotation ect ect ect i carnt see any for coulor.

as for the boost

removing this turns heater up and breathes a little life into the tube again < but it is the beginning of the end if you do this lol.

how much longer would you get?? and is the heat generated a issue. and if you remove it do you just short the link?

and thanks BTW ;)

Edit -- While watching shrek 2 the tv has started working again ???? nothing knocked it, it just started with the color again?? .. guess this rules out the tube then?

stonned2thebone
19-09-2006, 03:43 PM
if you boost your tube it will not last long and when it gos it will be dead only option then is replace the tube
but seeing as it is the red there is a chance it it a fault with the blue check the blue covergance first b4 righting of the tube and atempting to boost

jakebt123
28-11-2006, 03:57 AM
its actually a red tint i'll give you a exsample

a bannana is now orange and not yellow lol

i did find this site about a hour ago

Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ: Notes On The Troubleshooting And Repair Of Television Sets (http://an.hitchcock.org/repairfaq/REPAIR/F_tvfaq8.html#TVFAQ_001)

i might try that but its getting the cuircit diags for it.. the more i look into it its starting more and more to makeme think it is the tube :(

as for the pots there are 5 pots at the base and there labled rotation ect ect ect i carnt see any for coulor.

as for the boost

how much longer would you get?? and is the heat generated a issue. and if you remove it do you just short the link?

and thanks BTW ;)

Edit -- While watching shrek 2 the tv has started working again ???? nothing knocked it, it just started with the color again?? .. guess this rules out the tube then?

started working ok again , sounds to me like dry joints on the tube base , try this , with the back off gently tap around the tube base circuit board to see if the fault returns if it does then carefully resolder all the joint particularly the ones that look dull , drys are caused by the set heating and cooling over a period of time

Astroman
07-02-2008, 12:07 AM
Hi

Sometimes if you have speakers too close to your screen that can
cause tinting on your screen some tv's are sensitive some more than others.