15-09-2006, 06:01 PM
House debate looking at new blinds...............all opinions / views welcome
Choice between Vertical and venetian, I like one kind my wife likes the other
Help
Ty

:drunk:

notanotherone
15-09-2006, 08:42 PM
my wife tells me vertical are the best cause venetian get dirty and hard to clean

stickywicket
15-09-2006, 08:52 PM
totally agree, could never go back to venetian. verticals easy to clean and not to mention look a hell of a lot better. modern too.

berley
16-09-2006, 07:53 AM
vertical for me as well for same reason as nao's missus said :)

Not_much_cop
16-09-2006, 08:52 AM
When comparing vertical to venetian, vertical will always come out tops for houses. You only really use venetian in offices, places of work. Venetian are better for privacy and stopping the bright suns of sun that we have on occassion.

There is a better choice of vertical blinds than venetian, with more colours and styles and even material blinds are made from.

You could even change style altogether and go with roller blinds like my wife.
She will not have net curtains or vertical blinds.

Just another point of view.

NMC.

mickm
16-09-2006, 09:18 AM
I have a mixture of all but I must admit I do like Virtical the best, they seem to let in a lot more daylight than venition blinds when they are left at an angle that people cannot look in to you property.

:gun:

cyclone2
20-11-2006, 12:23 AM
vertical ,if they get dirty roll them up and put them in a pillow case ,pop them in the washing machine on a 30c wash and they should come out as good as new (well mines did)

Calico
20-11-2006, 12:43 AM
vertical ,if they get dirty roll them up and put them in a pillow case ,pop them in the washing machine on a 30c wash and they should come out as good as new (well mines did)

But dont forget to take the weights out of the bottoms lol

joeyd11111
26-12-2006, 09:24 PM
just moved into a house with verticle blinds and the dogs have trashed them in a couple of days.....dont know if you got any mutts but if u have it is worth thinking about

Joey

Lainie
26-12-2006, 09:54 PM
lol - ive got venetians lol - and i put em in to get profesionally cleaned a couple of times a year and they come back as good as new. all white exept silver in kitchen and gold in one of the bedrooms. police told me they one of the biggest deterrants for burglars!!!

gaz
27-12-2006, 02:58 PM
Hi all

Vertical for me, gives more control on the light you let into the room. Slick and modern.

y2krog2000
27-12-2006, 03:08 PM
police told me they one of the biggest deterrants for burglars!!!

When did they tell you this? When you got burgled :roflmao:

Sorry wasnt thinking, you must have got burgled one of the weeks they were at the shop getting cleaned.:oops:

Lainie
27-12-2006, 08:15 PM
got burgled few years back - then put in venetians and guess what - they have worked!!!

:D :D

browser
27-12-2006, 08:48 PM
Definitely vertical

suke
27-12-2006, 09:57 PM
Down to matter of choice i think. Vertical does it for me.

Diablo13
27-12-2006, 10:48 PM
The best blinds to my mind are the solid roll up blinds on the outside of the windows. Nearly every property had them when I lived in Germany but you dont see them much here. They really did protect your property because they could be locked down from inside making a solid windowless house to deter burglars, as well as protection from kids throwing stones etc. I dont have them , they will be expensive, but a worthwhile investment I would have thought, if you can afford them.
On a side note they can be partially rolled up to let in light but still give absolute privacy and are easily hosed down. :google:

mary
21-01-2007, 03:39 PM
vertical as they are easier to clean and look better

Hunter
21-01-2007, 03:43 PM
vertical for me ;)
pop them in the washer and hey presto
:cendrillon:

shug14
03-02-2007, 08:36 PM
vertical dont keep the sun out to good nothing worse than trying to watch the soccer and the sun is streaming in through the blinds.
well the one day of sun we get up in scotland

relifex
14-02-2007, 07:33 PM
If privercy is what you wnt the venetion are better as as you can tilt the down slightly still letting light in but stoping straying eyes from looking in easily whilst vertical unless fully closed people from one direction can always see in. Of course if you have a fifty foot garden this is less of a problem.

R.

Tack
18-02-2007, 12:24 PM
i have a mix of both in my house..
think it has to be venetian in the living/TV room to stop the light..
and vertical in every other room...
but for me they are all easy clean...the wife does it.!! ;-)

ZARGONE
19-02-2007, 11:38 PM
Me thinks your wife is correct though it panes me to say

garlad
01-03-2007, 03:23 PM
I have vertical in all rooms but landing and kitchen where I have venetian. kitched one is permanently dusty, and can get greasy after a while. Need to clean regularly, but easier to clean venetian than fabric vertical