PDA

View Full Version : d500 blank screen

Miss L
12-09-2006, 06:14 PM
could someone please tell me the screen has gone or the ribbon its just a white screen i can make calls just cant view anything any ideas???

bladesftp
12-09-2006, 06:19 PM
sounds to me like its the screen m8

Pebblo
13-09-2006, 10:37 AM
Its more likely your ribbon.

Were i work we replace at least 20 d500/d600 ribbons a week.

I'll take a guess and say maybe its gone white before, but then worked a little after... or maybe a button stopped working sometimes on the top section or it can just go overnight.

Anyway, if u take it too a shop, expect to pay roughly 15pound.
Or get it on ebay an use a phillips (cross-head) screwdriver.

Miss L
13-09-2006, 11:27 AM
Its more likely your ribbon.
Were i work we replace at least 20 d500/d600 ribbons a week.
I'll take a guess and say maybe its gone white before, but then worked a little after... or maybe a button stopped working sometimes on the top section or it can just go overnight.
Anyway, if u take it too a shop, expect to pay roughly 15pound.
Or get it on ebay an use a phillips (cross-head) screwdriver.
ive never noticed the buttons stopping but it has gone all funny with the colours before

Pebblo
13-09-2006, 11:57 AM
Yeah it sounds like your ribbon.

What usually happens is something along the line of the screen going white, buttons on the slider stop working, the speaker stops working or the screen does stupid things such as change colours, show half a screen etc.

Eventually the screen stays white such as yours does, at which time you need to replace the ribbon.

Miss L
13-09-2006, 09:39 PM
Yeah it sounds like your ribbon.
What usually happens is something along the line of the screen going white, buttons on the slider stop working, the speaker stops working or the screen does stupid things such as change colours, show half a screen etc.
Eventually the screen stays white such as yours does, at which time you need to replace the ribbon.
cheers thats exactly wot its been doin any idea how much it costs to get fixed in a shop roughly.

olly
14-09-2006, 12:03 PM
I was quoted £25 for a new ribbon fitted,which i thought was a bit steep!still not had it done yet,but mine was camera trouble,with the screen/capture error.

Pebblo
14-09-2006, 12:20 PM
In my shop its £15 ... so as u can see £25 is well steep.

U can buy them on ebay for buttons and could fit it yourself if u have patience.
I have a tutorial in work i can get if you want to do it yourself.

But if ur not confident enough then take it a shop.

Olly:
What exactly does yours do?

olly
14-09-2006, 12:56 PM
Dont mind having a go myself,if you have the tut,but was advised by someone on here not to,as he messed his up.

When i take a photo, i either get capture error,or if it does take a picture its usually just a photo full of multi colour lines,and the video viewer works, but most times its slow to follow where your aiming it at,and breaks up.apart from this the phones ok!

Miss L
14-09-2006, 04:18 PM
me mate had an old d500 so ive took it the shop to swap the ribbons over the guy said between 15 to 20 quid then he said might not be the ribbon might be the screen itself so ill see in the morning ill let u know

Pebblo
21-09-2006, 09:53 AM
Sorry all, been away for a few days.

Did you manage to get it sorted? with a ribbon? or did he try an say its the screen?

Miss L
21-09-2006, 10:08 AM
Sorry all, been away for a few days.
Did you manage to get it sorted? with a ribbon? or did he try an say its the screen?
well he did the phone it was the ribbon, all worked fine then put the sim in and no buttons worked so i went back and the lad who fixed it was on his hols so the other lad give me another d500 sed i culd keep it or come back wen mine was fixed so i just opted to keep the phone:) . oh and i was charged ?20 so not too bad. it was only a reconditioned phone i think.

olly
21-09-2006, 07:17 PM
Pebblo,could i have that tutorial off you for the ribbon fix?,did pm you but no reply as yet,cheers bud.

Pebblo
04-10-2006, 04:48 PM
Ok, sorry. Totally forgot all about this an been enjoyin some night time activities, most of which I dont remember.

Dont have the tutorial but have found this video on another site.

Not sure about live links here so im sorry if im not supose to post them but here you go...

http://vomail.net/files/samsungd500/videos/d500assembledisassemble.wmv

Obviously you dont need to unsolder the screen, as thats nothing to to do with replacing the ribbon, but that shows how to dissemble the phone, just go upto the slide mech, replace the ribbon, an then re-assemble. Oh an take your time, an dont force anything out or in as you dont need to, if you do your doing it wrong.

berley
17-10-2006, 12:40 PM
has anyone tried turning the phone off and giving it a hard bang battery side down ?

sounds crazy but i read about it here: blank white screen! help! - eXpansys UK Limited (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. seems to have worked for quite a few peeps :)