PDA

View Full Version : IExlorer screen go`s off then back on

olly
12-09-2006, 05:05 PM
Edit; not ie as the title says but the taskbar/icons.

Hi all,another prob that i want to try and solve.
When im using Ie, and then want to say click on my documents or any other program files,my taskbar and icons disappear leaving just my wallpaper,then comes back on after about 2 seconds still connected to the net,and then when i click on my documents/etc it does not happen a second time straight away,but may happen again later if i do it again
very strange!!
I like to learn how to fix these problems if anyone can help..

callisto11
14-09-2006, 03:04 PM
Google (http://www.google.com)

olly
14-09-2006, 07:34 PM
Tried there first,but nothing about what im experiencing,well not what i could find..

mr.harry
26-09-2006, 12:18 AM
Try installing firefox and seeif you still get the same problem .You then know if the prob is in win explorer

sarvo_uk
26-09-2006, 01:01 PM
I had a similar problem, but i did the following.... any one of these couls resolve the issue.

I hope your PC update with the latest windows update. Including Java

Also make sure that the temp files are deleted / cookies deleted.

Make sure you donot have any other IE toolbars apart from google (preffered)

Also look if there are any unwanted applications starting when the system boots up. In other words run spybot search and destroy

You can also run chkdsk if you want.

Ill see if there is anything else i could think off.:wink:

olly
26-09-2006, 07:26 PM
Fingers crossed,since i updated my windows to sp2,ive not had the problem,but when i try to view Makro mail online i don`t seem to get the icons to flick to the next page,as i did previously,so can only read page 1.Is this anything to do with java,or are some settings now wrong?
Thanks for the replies.:)