PDA

View Full Version : Connecting new gas oven

fibzy
10-09-2006, 07:47 PM
HI, getting a new oven delivered in a few days and they are taking the old one away to scrap, it has to be disconnected before they get here and ready to go, its connected at the back by one of them big black flexi hoses, so does anyone know the procedure for taking these off? Do they self seal if i remove it from the oven? or does the gas need to be switched off? Cheers for any replies!!

jimmyjj
10-09-2006, 08:32 PM
hi fibzy
the hose you are on about are suppose to seal when you disconnect them,
but i have had a couple that havent, especially the older thicker black pipe type,

would recommend you get a corgi registered guy to check with a manometer
m8 would be safer,

jimmy

fibzy
10-09-2006, 10:22 PM
cheers man will d/c it see if it seals, if not will whack it back on and call me plumber :)

howard
10-09-2006, 10:26 PM
black pipe go's to a brass fittin on th wall push up and turn it will seal it self then you can undo the black pipe from the oven

it's recommend you get a corgi gas registered guy

Declan
11-09-2006, 01:57 AM
Ring Corgi , its the main "thing" for gas installation and maintence n stuff, they will/should be able to tell you what will happen

DessertDog
11-09-2006, 08:09 AM
If you intend doing this yourself please make sure you turn the GAS OFF first for safety.

fibzy
11-09-2006, 11:45 AM
cheers its mainly that im gonna disconnect the old one myself cos the delivery men are taking it away to scrap and ive been told if its not disconnected they will go in a huff and not take it away, so u reckon cut the gas supply totally then d/c it

mrs H
11-09-2006, 11:59 AM
i would disconnect from the wall first no need to turn gas off then disconnect the black pipe from old cooker . when puttin the black hose back on the new cooker put some joint compound round the thread wait till it goes off then conect back up but check for leaks with soapy water
:wink:

fibzy
11-09-2006, 12:43 PM
cheers mrs h, thats exactly what i just got told off a retired gas fitter i know, hes in ill health or he would do it for me, said its a doddle ;)

pipehose
12-09-2006, 05:22 PM
all gas installations should only be done by corgi gas registerd operators. it could invalidate your warranty. if cooker goes faulty. and they ask for a installiation certificate done by someone in corgi

fibzy
14-09-2006, 07:02 PM
Whats the setting time for boss white joint compound?

fibzy
15-09-2006, 02:00 PM
No worries, job done ;)

lfckev
19-09-2006, 01:34 AM
you still have to connect the hose to the new cooker i would call corgi fitter