PDA

View Full Version : n6680

baadboy
08-09-2006, 10:49 AM
hi, please help just bought a n6680 and would like to install tom tom mobile onto it.any pointers would be very much appreciated. thanks in advance

fellovertoday
08-09-2006, 05:53 PM
What problems are you having?

baadboy
08-09-2006, 09:06 PM
hi,thnx for the reply.the file seem to transfer to me m/card but i cannot activate it.even though i can see the tom tom logo in the menu.

anothernoobie
08-09-2006, 10:29 PM
you can either buy tomtom mobile version 5.21 with uk maps or look on torrent sites. when you have the correct files copy them to your rsmmc card using a card reader. then place the rsmmc card into your phone and it self installs, when tomtom icon appears select to run.
you will also need to buy a bluetooth gps reciever to get it to work and there are also customised holders availabnle for the 6680 to amplify the sound

baadboy
11-09-2006, 10:56 PM
hi,thnx for all the.got the tom tom working.what i am trying now is to get rid of the annoying sounds i get for the safety cams .trying to load the voices to replace the sounds.tried changing the data.chk in the tom tom root folder with the correct file but still getting the sounds.please help.many thnx

boltonguy2k
23-06-2007, 05:41 PM
as above install tomtom by using memory card reader and place files and dirs in root, its faster and easier. also dont install loads of poi and cameras etc.. your phone will slow and tomtom will take 3 hrs to load.

ive successfully run tt on 6680 for a long time without problems.