PDA

View Full Version : Sat dbox2 images

nash
07-09-2006, 10:32 PM
Hi hope this is in correct section.
well its another stupid question from me. i have a oppertunity to get a SAGEM DBOX 2 SATELLITE RECEIVER the question is does this take the same image as the one for cable or are they seperate images if so does W-O-D have them on board and are they flashed the same as cable boxes.
once again sorry for the stupid questions just dont wanna waste money
nash

Rudi
11-09-2006, 02:20 AM
Hi,

To Flash a Sat Box is the same as a Cable Box, but be sure u have the right Image (1x or 2x means number of Flashchips) the only Different I knows are the CAM-Alpha. Some Image´s here have a "Switch" to select the right one.
I use the Cable CAM-Alpha to see KD-Home on Astra 23,5 :)
What did u mean with W-O-D ??

Greets
Rudi

nash
11-09-2006, 10:15 AM
What did u mean with W-O-D ??
Greets
Rudi[/QUOTE]

W-O-D = World of Digital m8 and big thanks for the info

aldo2332
20-09-2006, 01:51 PM
Using a sat nokia dbox2 can you have your digital satellite dish pointed at a foreign satellite e.g. hotbird & receive all subsription channels available on other satellites free of charge just by scanning in the same way as cable? I take it that it doesnt work with astra?

If this is possible is there a tutorial?

thanks aldo

cappsy206
04-10-2006, 01:59 PM
i found a good tutorial on *******************
We dont post links to other sites please remember that

DD

krazylegz
05-10-2006, 07:58 AM
Using a sat nokia dbox2 can you have your digital satellite dish pointed at a foreign satellite e.g. hotbird & receive all subsription channels available on other satellites free of charge just by scanning in the same way as cable? I take it that it doesnt work with astra?
If this is possible is there a tutorial?
thanks aldo

no m8 astra 28.2 is sky satellite and sky is not hacked doesnt matter which image goes on the dbox it will NOT decrypt sky channels.

as already stated it might decrypt TPS on hotbird but it'll mean compiling a new image probably every week as it uses loads of AES keys (change about every 15mins)

personally i'd go for the Tecnomate 1500CI+Super it is one the best boxes for satellite and is very easy to use,it's by far the best supported with loads of images and technical help,it has a multikcypt reader for any card as well as a cam slot.

hope this helps m8

krazy

chaggy
05-10-2006, 09:55 AM
I'm new to this looking at sagem dbox2 for sat from germany.Description says
plug & play experts will know what this box will do.Can sombody please explain (in leymans terms) exactly what i can expect from this box or should i steer clear.

Thanks

Charlie.

krazylegz
05-10-2006, 02:55 PM
m8 if you're lookingfor a well supported box get yourself a Technomate1500CI+super.

1)better looking than a DBOX,onlyhalf the size
2)brand new,dboxs are about 8 years old now
3)the most supported box out with patches released every week
4)supports USALS and DISeqC1.2 (needed if you plan to get a motorised setup)
5)a doddle to use

krazy

aldo2332
08-10-2006, 02:58 PM
Is it used with a digital satellite dish (e.g can i use my s.k.y digi dish?) or is this all analogue channels it picks up from satellites? And do you have to update them often?

[QUOTE=krazylegz;39472]m8 if you're lookingfor a well supported box get yourself a Technomate1500CI+super.

1)better looking than a DBOX,onlyhalf the size
2)brand new,dboxs are about 8 years old now
3)the most supported box out with patches released every week
4)supports USALS and DISeqC1.2 (needed if you plan to get a motorised setup)
5)a doddle to use