PDA

View Full Version : Quad LNB

Jabo
05-09-2006, 01:26 PM
I have sky, a mini dish, a quad lnb and 2 boxes about to be hooked up.
Obviously I only have 1 viewing card and it's in my original box.
What can I do with the other box? Can my original card be duplicated at all?
Or can I sign up for sky multiroom but still use my equipment? How much will cost then?

Suggestions, pretty please :)

dav51
05-09-2006, 02:26 PM
Hi
It is not possible to copy a Sky card, and as the cards are "paired" to a specific receiver I don't believe they can be shared.
I'd say your best bet would be Sky multiroom. It costs an extra £10 per month but you'll get all the channels you have on your main subscription with the only condition that both boxes are in the same household connected to the same phone line.
They will issue you with a card for any additional equipment you have purchased, this additional card will then be "paired" to the specific reciever you give them details of & will not be able to be used with any other box (unless you phone them to re-pair this to another box again). They will also send instructions to each box requesting callbacks every so often just to confirm they are on the same telephone line.
Hope this helps,
Dave

spugh99
05-09-2006, 03:24 PM
You could buy a freesat card from sky which will give you over 120 channels (Not premium channels though). They cost about £20 i think

Red Baron
17-09-2006, 11:49 AM
if you go the freesat way your boxes would not have to be connected to the phoneline unless you are still in 1st yr of contract.

high
17-09-2006, 08:54 PM
if u get a box fee bay u can get free to air if u use the box.
aiso if u get a quad go for 0.1/02 sky gives out think 0.6.