PDA

View Full Version : ntl:Telewest launches free Digital TV with home phone services

Shipoftheline
05-09-2006, 12:35 PM
As we reported back in July, ntl Telewest, as from today, is allowing any customer, new or existing, free digital tv with any of their home phone services taken out, starting from %u00A311 per month which includes line rental and unlimited local and national weekend calls.

The Free digital service package will consist of 36 TV Channels, including, Sky One, BBC%u2019s digital line-up, E4 and Film4, music, news and entertainment. On Demand, will also be available.

ntl Telewest say customers can upgrade their TV packages and add premium movie and sports channels and a PVR (Personal Video Recorder) and high definition TV. Note that these are only available to Telewest customers, but ntl state that they plan to release the PVR and high definition TV services, to their customers by the end of 2006.

Neil Berkett, chief operating officer at ntl Telewest, said:
%u201CThis is a great deal for consumers who can now sit back and enjoy digital TV and on demand services without worrying about expensive upfront or monthly costs.

This deal will make people question the value they are getting from their existing phone or TV supplier. Why pay BT for a phone line when you can get free digital TV for the same price with cable?

Cable is the best way to enjoy a better digital TV service and this new package gives consumers great value, more TV choice and flexibility, beating the competition hands down.%u201D

ntl.com | Free Pack (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Note you don't get all the channels shown on the page

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Thats just NTL trying to mislead people again apart from SkyOne its basically Freeview still not bad for nothing

Here's what your supposed to get

ntl.com | Free Pack channel listing (http://www.home.ntl.com/page/freepackfulllisting)

Diablo13
11-09-2006, 11:36 PM
A friend of mine was speaking to an NtHell engineer today and according to him they plan to distribute free a PVR receeiver which has a 200gb HDD and a twin tuner starting in January next year. Thats from the horses mouth so to speak, though it sounds like too good a piece of kit for them to give away to subscribers. We will have to wait and see. :-?

Shipoftheline
12-09-2006, 07:54 AM
A friend of mine was speaking to an NtHell engineer today and according to him they plan to distribute free a PVR receeiver which has a 200gb HDD and a twin tuner starting in January next year. Thats from the horses mouth so to speak, though it sounds like too good a piece of kit for them to give away to subscribers. We will have to wait and see. :-?

This sounds great but remember its NTHELL and according to another forum its going to be 15 extra amonth. I can see it being free if you take out their top package or something though that would be more in line with them

EDIT: on the otherhand this could be a way of locking us out once everyone is on the new stb something is kicked in new encryption perhaps ?

Diablo13
12-09-2006, 08:26 AM
EDIT: on the otherhand this could be a way of locking us out once everyone is on the new stb something is kicked in new encryption perhaps ?

I must admit I never thought of that and it makes sense, as does the 15 quid extra a month for the service it would be included in. This is all speculation of course but in order to push the live streaming of movies it could be an enticement? Then again with the advertised new on demand service you dont need to record anything, unless its a film you want to keep and no doubt that will be copy protection encrypted. A lot of people would go for the "free" box rather than buy a pvr or D-box which they may be counting on, without thinking our own boxes could be "doctored" to record the film channels, possibly?
The one thing I did'nt mention in the previous post was the after comment from the engineer; "I'll have to get hold of some of them" :wink: I dont somehow think he meant to put on his mantlepiece, do you :-$ so remember to be nice to your local repairman, for a few months at least. v:Dv :-"

Shipoftheline
12-09-2006, 09:37 AM
The one thing I did'nt mention in the previous post was the after comment from the engineer; "I'll have to get hold of some of them" :wink: I dont somehow think he meant to put on his mantlepiece, do you :-$ so remember to be nice to your local repairman, for a few months at least. v:Dv :-"

When the engineer came to my new place to setup the broadband he also picked up the old stb. The first thing he said to me was its not a chipped box is it because I'll leave it with you if thats the case lol

Most of the engineers I've spoken too are very anti NTL because of the way they've been treated in the past

awwdayagain
13-09-2006, 05:34 PM
just last week i was going to cancel my telewest contract because my 12 month 9.99 broadband deal had ended was going up to 17.99 .Ended up staying with them ive now got free tv basic channels i know but ive found teleport replay very handy they have also capped my broadband at 9.99 for life that means i get broadband,tv and phone for 20.99 a month cant be bad at that.

Shipoftheline
13-09-2006, 06:13 PM
they have also capped my broadband at 9.99 for life

Telewest is now NTHELL so I wouldn't bet on that price being held for more than 2yrs max (if that).

mickm
15-09-2006, 01:40 PM
I already have my phone with them, can I still get a free ntl tv box.

Shipoftheline
15-09-2006, 01:45 PM
I already have my phone with them, can I still get a free ntl tv box.
yes but don't forget your really only getting Skyone free from what I've seen

ntl.com | Free Pack (http://www.home.ntl.com/page/freetvpack)

awwdayagain
19-09-2006, 06:16 PM
i get bravo ukliving ukgold trouble challenge hallmark uktv style skyone and a few +1 got to be allright for nowt