PDA

View Full Version : new NTL on demand sevice

garagevibes
27-05-2006, 09:27 PM
Hi everyone NTL kindly updated my service in derby on Wednesday to the new flashy on demand service and now i cant get any of the on demand stuff, now i guess this is because you must start a steam over the network like a video over the Internet and of course i don't have the talk back on my sammy, but just wondering if there is any think out there to correct this problem or if anyone was developing any think, i guess like a sort of packet sniffer that would only allow certain information to be sent back down the cable?
cheers.

bammy
28-05-2006, 09:26 PM
You are in an exC&W area and are therefore one of the last areas in the country to transfer to VOD - other areas (Telewest and 'pure' NTL) have been on VOD for some time and due to the way it works there is NO workaround and nor is there likely to be.

garagevibes
29-05-2006, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the reply mate, i didn't think there would be a solution to the problem but thought i might as well ask just in case, bit worrying though soon they might expand and use this type of system for all the cable channels.

sakiblateef
31-05-2006, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the reply mate, i didn't think there would be a solution to the problem but thought i might as well ask just in case, bit worrying though soon they might expand and use this type of system for all the cable channels.

If that happened I guess the only solution would be card share. Isn't it possible to use a PPV filter as a workaround to vod?

twobeercans
31-05-2006, 07:49 PM
vod doesn't utilise the card at all mate, infact you should be able to process a vod request without a card in the box no problems.

IAmATeaf
01-06-2006, 05:54 PM

They could do but limitatons of the actual network would currently prevent them from doing this as effectively each VOD channel is served when a request is made from and to that particular box.

Shipoftheline
04-06-2006, 11:25 AM
Isn't it ip to ip which is why it can't be done