PDA

View Full Version : DVD player with HDMI @ Aldi £40

callisto11
04-09-2006, 11:37 AM
(I have also posted this in the Bargain Forum, apologies if this was the wrong thing to do..)

ALDI UK: bargains, special buys,sales promotion articles (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. of the most remarkable, feature-packed DVDs on the market today - and for an equally remarkable price. Already compatible with 'next generation' HD TVs, this is set to become yet another Aldi best-seller.

Includes FREE HDMI cable
Employs a digital process that upscales standard DVD quality to virtual HD quality
HDMI connection means no loss of picture or sound quality
DivX compatible for playback of downloaded movies
5-in-1 card reader for viewing all your digital pictures on your TV
5.1 channel output with AC3 Dolby Digital Decoder
Full function remote control with batteries
Front headphone socket
Progressive scan
DVD±R/RW, CD, CD-R/RW, VCD, JPEG CD, Kodak Picture CD, MP3 CD
DTS decoder"Looks like a very good offer to me !
Available from this Thursday 7/9/06

Seems to be a version of the Tevion 8000 player, which has had very good reviews on some German forums. There seems to be USB port on the thing, which they managed to hack to get it working, so you can feed and external HDD into the thing, to get yourself a fully fledged media player !

pahubb
11-11-2006, 07:37 PM
but the picture and hte sound will not be as good as the more expensive players so will be a waste of your LCD TV

AFZAL2005
11-01-2007, 04:09 PM
Thats a very cheap price but i agree with pahubb the image and sound through the hdmi will be poor. better of paying a little more for the Toshiba SD360e which is about ?80.

DessertDog
11-01-2007, 04:38 PM
I really dont know how you guys can say it will be poor when you have not even seen it or heard it.I have a goodmans upscalling dvd player and yes its not as good as one that cost twice the price but for 40 od quid its dam good and yes i use a hdmi tv to play it on.You pays ya money and makes ya choice lol
I think the saying is dont knock it till you have seen and tried it lol

AFZAL2005
11-01-2007, 04:46 PM
Fair play m8 for that price with a hdmi input you cant really moan can you, i stand corrected!

Tallywadger
12-01-2007, 10:56 AM
hmmm! let me see its a digital player with a digital link so where will there be any loss of quality?....cheap hdmi lead? ok so you might lose 2% but digital will always replace that ...so its got to be a bargain....surely?

If we were talking analogue now there ****ty stuff shows up as ****ty..;-0 but with digital the quality should be almost standard the cheapness comes by having less gadgets in the player and less hardware tweaks for better upscaling etc so there will be a lack of goodies but if you just want to watch a movie and have it upscaled to match your tele....where can it go wrong????

Ok quality control might mean they are a wee bit prone to breakdowns but everything has a years warranty! guys we're talkin 40 quid here!!! heh heh

rant over!... (PS I get my SONY surround stuff next week and its costing a lot more! If not I would have chanced this bargain....maybee! ;-)

rossallan
03-02-2007, 07:10 PM
I'm quite tempted to pop into a local Aldi and grab one of these, although the special deals always seem sell out really quickly.

berley
03-02-2007, 07:16 PM
mmm original post was posted on 4th sept so i would think they have sold out now :roflmao: