PDA

View Full Version : Logitec WiFi Skype Phone Lets You Talk Wherever There's WiFi

Gazer
03-09-2006, 06:01 PM
http://gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2006/08/logitecskype.jpgLogitec's getting into the WiFi Skype game and releasing their own me-too phone. Again, this Logitec is the Logitec of Japan, not the Logitech (with an H) of the US. Fortunately for Skype phone collectors like me, this is just an OEM of the Belkin (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Skype phone, but in white, like SMC's OEM version.
The Skype phone will be available in Japan and uses either 802.11b or g to place its calls. The phone also supposedly has Bluetooth so you can hook this up as a handset for your computer, but we're not sure how useful that feature will be.

satzzz
30-09-2006, 09:44 PM
This could be good but I find more and more Wifi hotspots are becoming pay to surf and not free

dbxman
03-10-2006, 05:30 PM
I guess if there started to be lots of free Hotspots then you would eventually get mobile phone sized Skype handsets.

I bet the major phone networks will have something to say about that happening. Who knows they may even look to the future and jump onboard.

nicx112
13-10-2006, 02:03 PM
hey... this might come in handy for me.. almost everywhere around me is wifi enabled. do u know if this will b able to stay connected wen swaping base stations?

stickywicket
13-10-2006, 05:15 PM
i wonder about the security of these systems, aint that difficult to pick up mid air signals with the right equipment. not sure id be happy with some tech kiddie listening in on my conversations. as per usual the security seems to lag behind the technology, although some companies seem to be working on encryption software.

y2krog2000
20-11-2006, 12:23 PM
Everything you need to make wireless calls without a computer: Skype Accessories Shop - Wifi (http://accessories.skype.com/landingpage?SID=79f9bc7e6d0f15b73d38f6b7ef20ec4942 1:4580&page=wifi)

SMC Wifi Phone*
FREE FON Wifi Router**
500 minutes SkypeOut calls
12 months%u2019 free Skype Voicemail

%u00A399

raks4
23-11-2006, 07:30 PM
http://gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2006/08/logitecskype.jpgLogitec's getting into the WiFi Skype game and releasing their own me-too phone. Again, this Logitec is the Logitec of Japan, not the Logitech (with an H) of the US. Fortunately for Skype phone collectors like me, this is just an OEM of the Belkin (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Skype phone, but in white, like SMC's OEM version.
The Skype phone will be available in Japan and uses either 802.11b or g to place its calls. The phone also supposedly has Bluetooth so you can hook this up as a handset for your computer, but we're not sure how useful that feature will be.

Cool bit of kit, looks very SonyEricssonish.

StrictlySocial
30-11-2006, 05:06 PM
hey... this might come in handy for me.. almost everywhere around me is wifi enabled. do u know if this will b able to stay connected wen swaping base stations?

You may want to try something like I am doing, which is having an XDA Exec with Skype installed, that way I can have both my Home line (Skype Out) + Mobile with me at all time!