PDA

View Full Version : Sony PSP2 to Debut in 2007 Says PSM

Gazer
03-09-2006, 05:49 PM
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. October issue of PlayStation Magazine cited unnamed sources in a report stating that Sony will launch the next generation PSP in 2007. Right now, however, it doesn't look like this will be quite what we were looking (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. for: rather than a "proper" PSP2, Sony is apparently going to follow in Apple's footsteps and gradually upgrade the PSP's features and capabilities while keeping the price more or less the same.
The report suggests that Sony will upgrade the built-in memory from 32MB to 8GB based on memory chip industry movement; will add a built-in Eye-Toy-like camera; and will retool the UMD drive into a slot-loading drive. Naturally, the upgraded PSP will be slimmer than its predecessor.
The larger memory is expected to be used for Sony's as-yet-to-materialize scheme for downloadable games and other content. Sony's not one to kiss and tell, so odds are it'll be a little while before any hard information on the next generation PSP is known.

groovyleigh
07-09-2006, 04:54 PM
Allot of people are going to be angry that sony is going to be releasing a better version of the console, even though the original has only been out a year or so.

I kinda feel ripped off if the new version comes out within a year!

ticticboom
24-01-2007, 05:11 PM
lol sony is doing a nintendo released a ds then the lite one but nintendo are resonable sony are a joke at this moment in time .sony are gangsters of the gaming world

ghost_deini
26-01-2007, 01:20 AM
lol sony is doing a nintendo released a ds then the lite one but nintendo are resonable sony are a joke at this moment in time .sony are gangsters of the gaming world

your right on the money with that, couldn't agree more

rossallan
03-02-2007, 07:02 PM
I'm guessing they're going to try and make it much harder to run homebrew software as well, shame as running emulators etc is just about the best thing about my PSP.

willhollis
25-04-2007, 08:16 PM
yeah definately stopping piracy is got to be on the agenda

andymunro
17-12-2007, 04:09 AM
i read on another game forum a theory that nintendo purposly made the DS so easily ******** and the wii as well in order to sell more units. it kind ofmade sense to me with the wii as it has no brand new technology in the main box which hasnt already be hacked before, same with the DS.

I wasn't really interested in the psp before but if i can run hacked games on it that i've downloaded myself il be very tempted, i'm assuming you can from what little i've read.

did anyone else think that UMD is the most useless and over expensive format for video since phillips cd-i?