PDA

View Full Version : Playing archived games

eddy99
03-09-2006, 10:37 AM
Ive got a PSP running version 2.6, is it possible to downgrade it to play archived games?

nash
03-09-2006, 11:17 AM
try this site comes in handy for me
http://w w w.psp-vault.com/module-htmlpages-display-pid-14.psp

mafiasilk
05-09-2006, 09:21 AM
Once downgraded you will need a launcher, I recommend Devhook! Search google for it! Preferably with a PC installer, it makes life so simple.

bassy777
12-09-2006, 10:44 PM
think u will need gta umd to downgrade a 2.5 or 2.6 to 1.50

zinc
14-09-2006, 08:54 AM
Hi eddy99
There is no need to use gta umd anymore.
You will need to upgrade to version 2.71 then downgrade to version 1.5. :)
I have just done the above and it works great. If your still interested in the above PM me.

zinc

scoobyatgb
27-09-2006, 07:11 PM
i so hope this work is it easy to do

bobbykerr
27-09-2006, 09:55 PM
Ok eddy99 - you my opinion.

I'm not slow and can figure my way thru' most things however complicated.
I have had a PSP for 3 days and like you thought what a great idea. Wrong!

After 3 days I have realised who the hell would want to play a game on a crap PSP that lacks all the virtues of a real games console.

I have explored, tried and tested DevHook, Fastloader, Xploit, Eloader etc, etc, etc.
Yes eventually I got a downloaded iso to run however it crashes, crashes, crashes - got the message so it got wiped. The next game did the same and the next and the next........

Homebrew stuff is crap - better much better PC utilities out there if your a serious programmer.

The only 100% success I have had is downgrading to 1.50.

All posts I have read I think you will agree are very negative in their response like 'Maybe, should do, could do, I have heard etc.etc.

I have since gone back to v2.70 and use my Xbox/PS2/PC for real gaming.

My PSP - preserved in its original box for my grandchildren to destroy in years to come. At least then someone will have fun with a PSP.

wrx youngster
17-10-2006, 04:26 PM
I have downgraded my psp to version 1.5 and all the games i have tried to play on it work, running the iso's through devhook. the only game i had problems with was world of poker and that occationally crashed, not that i minded as the game was rubbish anyway.

Downgrade its the best thing i ever done.