PDA

View Full Version : Image life expectancy

oddstruck
03-09-2006, 08:56 AM
I have been running UK05 since the turn of the year, an excellent image. How long can I continue to run this image untouched before it will need some form of maintenance or upgrade?

Speedy2206
03-09-2006, 05:56 PM
It will only really need 'maintenance' when the cable companies change their keyroll method and the camd thats loaded into the image doesnt support that new keyroll type. Other than that it'll be fine to run forever really, unless of course you corrupt something in the image, or decide that you want to upgrade to something newer :)

Remember that UK05 was only a BETA image (a public test version) so it was never properly finished; maybe a newer neutrino is in order? ;) (maybe a newer uk series release would convince loady that i still have the dreambox :))

oddstruck
03-09-2006, 10:32 PM
snip
Remember that UK05 was only a BETA image (a public test version) so it was never properly finished; maybe a newer neutrino is in order? ;) (maybe a newer uk series release would convince loady that i still have the dreambox :))
It works very well for me. Perhaps you could start by adding the flash wizzard pro server into the image? I have tried without suceess, the only thing I managed to do was to get the fwp banner displayed on the TV screen at start up.

notanotherone
04-09-2006, 01:46 PM
uk05 for me has been the best ive had it on for the very first time it came out and you know me speedy useless i am with things i have never even tried anything else other than neutrino the box runs from start to finish if "someone"was gonna do an update id love to be able to try it

jolpool
15-07-2007, 02:02 PM
what is the best \newest neutrino image available?

notanotherone
15-07-2007, 07:36 PM
what is the best \newest neutrino image available?
in a word.............. none