PDA

View Full Version : help needed

tuffers
31-08-2006, 10:26 PM
Just wondering if anyone can give me some advise or tips on plastering from scratch never done it before and would appreciate any help or some references to sites that would help.

Cheers!!!

paultefc1975
01-09-2006, 02:43 PM
hi the best tip i can give is before you start mix some pva glue with water and brush it over the whole area you intend to plaster and leave to dry this will help the plaster to stick if you also have big whole in your original plaster use bonding first.Hope this helps a little

Skinwalker
14-10-2006, 11:26 PM
Hi tuffers I know this may be a bit later for you, hope it went well ? I have done plastering a few times over the years, in fact I done my first ceiling today. The thing I have learned is not to try and get it perfect smooth finish immediately. Get the plaster on and pretty smooth and level then let it dry some 20 minutes maybe a bit more then wet the surface and smooth it to a finish at that point. I used to spend hour trying to get the finish right when I was applying the plaster and it was a waste of time I just kept going over and over it

tazz67
26-10-2006, 08:10 PM
i done it before to get a nice finish just before it set use a wet paint bush and go over the plaster then all you have to do is sand it down take you time doing this bit

Abu_ali
05-11-2006, 10:26 PM
hello there
if you mean skimimg over old plaster thats how you do it:

1-spread the plaster across the wall the firmly and evenly
2-wen you finish the whole wall go back over it and smooth the plaster to get even thickness
3-leave the plaster for about half an hour
4-damping your trowel and staRT smoothing the surface leave for another half an hour to dry than wet the wall with brush till you get smooth finish but don't over do it.

I hope thats help anybody went try to plaster

plasterer
01-12-2006, 01:27 AM
hello there
2-wen you finish the whole wall go back over it and smooth the plaster to get even thickness
4-damping your trowel and staRT smoothing the surface leave for another half an hour to dry than wet the wall with brush till you get smooth finish but don't over do it.
Sounds easy enough to me Any one want ant tips am your man

robsdesk
16-12-2006, 11:30 PM
I went on a 3 day course at the local tech college earlier in the year. Was a good way to pick it up. I've since done the living room, it's mostly about practicing the technique.

wedgie
17-12-2006, 01:08 AM
avarage room should cost about ?200 cannt see the point in learning to hard to do right in a shhort time

17-12-2006, 02:15 AM
hello there
well if you got a steady hand then yer but my opin would be get someone to doit for ya cause
paultefc1975 hi the best tip i can give is before you start mix some pva glue with waterif over realy bad walls and old ones at that