PDA

View Full Version : DBOX2 Buying Advice needed

satansoft
27-05-2006, 04:01 PM
Hi all,
I have been looking at getting hold of 2 or 3 of these units for me and a couple of mates. There currently is 2 major units, the Nokia, and the Sagem. The Sagem seems to be a bit cheaper for some reason, is it inferior in any way?

Is there a reason why they mostly come from Germany? The Boxes I am looking at say: Linux Neutrino - Debug Mode English On screen Display. 2 x Intel flash - AVIA 500. Does anyone know of any eBay sellers to avoid, or recommend.?

Would you advise buying 1 unit ready to rock, and 2 units bare, or 3 units ready to plug and go to save hassle. . .

I am a total n00b where dbox2 is concerned, although I used to program goldies and stuff, and consider myself a computer "expert". Is there a n00bs guide to dbox2 I could read available anywhere?

When the Box is sorted and working, how often will it need updating?

Sorry for the big list, but I am keen to get dug in . . .

Collider
27-05-2006, 04:07 PM
The attached file should help and as for sagems and nokias well the nokias are newer ones but as long as the box has neutrino on then go for the cheapest,you will be up and running in no time

scruff1963
27-05-2006, 04:32 PM
get them in debug mode, make sure they have plenty of good feedback
I like ebay.de (cheaper :) )
whoever you buy from it is a lottery
i bought 5 from hk_mediatech (2 sisters, 1 brother i'm not a dealer) they were ready to go just a scan, worked out nice and cheap. lcd didn't work but get a nice picture.

k@ys autoroll so no programming once setup.
curiosity will make you play though.

SpaceDog
27-05-2006, 09:05 PM
Sagem's are easier to repair if something goes wrong, but nokia's are newer and look better.

Nokia's are also usually more expensive.