PDA

View Full Version : stupid question in here...

loady
28-08-2006, 06:59 PM
I should know, but its been a long time since i used my dreambox...i got the gemini latest image and the file is fw2, for the life of me i cant remember how to flash the box with it :-*

notanotherone
28-08-2006, 07:30 PM
might it be flashwizard pro and if your having problems with that you could flash it with original Dream up software and re-flash Gemini image ...loady you forgot how to do it mate lol

loady
28-08-2006, 07:53 PM
Thats what i thought...fw stand for flash wizard, but it aint playing ball. it just says its not a valid file ??

notanotherone
28-08-2006, 07:59 PM
you might have to use dreamup to flash original image then use falshwizard loady

loady
28-08-2006, 08:01 PM
just downloaded flash wizard pro 6.3 and has done the trick, last time i used flash wizard the only one that worked for me was v5....funny old world aint it ??....lets see if i can get back my discovery channels.....im not holding my breath though:gun:

notanotherone
28-08-2006, 08:05 PM
well at least you got it flashed that the main thing dream up is here http://world-of-digital.com/forums/f84/674-software-dreamup.html just in case you need that too

loady
28-08-2006, 08:09 PM
why oh why do i have to play with things ? i have flashed it and i keep getting a "the gp" splash screen looping all the time....anyone know the default ip addy of this image ??....my laptop with the serial port if fekked so i have no means of null modem cable method :(

notanotherone
28-08-2006, 08:14 PM
sorry cant help you with the default addy of the image m8 dont use it am afraid i have uk05 beta 90

Devilfish
28-08-2006, 08:15 PM
why oh why do i have to play with things ? i have flashed it and i keep getting a "the gp" splash screen looping all the time....anyone know the default ip addy of this image ??....my laptop with the serial port if fekked so i have no means of null modem cable method :(

Is it the 3.10 image that I uploaded to the downloads loady? If so, it's 192.168.1.102. I had the same problem with the GP image coming up and then it would reboot and it would continuously do it! I am using component video and remember this problem from a while back....I had to change to scart lead and then it worked ok.

If you give me a minute...I'll change my settings back to RGB then take another backup! I'll reuploaded it to the downloads.

loady
28-08-2006, 08:24 PM
yep its the 3.10 image but i thinked i am fekked, cause its constanly rebooting it wont connect on the correct ip:(

Devilfish
28-08-2006, 08:31 PM
Try powering it on without any scart lead connected. Wait a few minutes then plug it in...hopefully it will have booted up ok (if that's the source of the fault, might just be a bad flash!)

Devilfish
28-08-2006, 08:36 PM
It's now re-uploaded with RGB settings so should be better for scart users! :)

loady
28-08-2006, 08:55 PM
nope, still doing it :(

Devilfish
28-08-2006, 08:57 PM
Ah well....looks like you'll need to load firmware using Dreamup. All you really need to do is connect serial cable and turn it on, do you have a desktop PC that you could take it to, since your lappy serial is busted?

loady
28-08-2006, 08:59 PM
i just remerbered that i changed my mobo in pc and have a serial port in that, however, i have to bring the tuner to pc without the telly so i will need to flash it blind with null modem cable, i cant remember the software i need but i know i need a bin image to start with so i can go back to the tv.

loady
28-08-2006, 09:00 PM
super, is there an english image handy i can use to flash with ??

Devilfish
28-08-2006, 09:04 PM
You can get Dreamup and the firmware from here.

Dream-Multimedia-Tv GmbH (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. All you need to do is connect the serial lead, then hit connect on the dreamup software, then it shoudl say something like 'connection prepaired, now plug in dreambox'. Now plug it in the program does it all. When it ways it's done, unplug it, take it back to the tv and plug it in. It should be a basic Gemini image, setup the ip address, etc. then connect to it and flash the new gemini image again.

loady
28-08-2006, 09:09 PM
AAAAAAAAhhhhh yes Deja vous...its all coming back to me.;)

loady
28-08-2006, 09:45 PM
have you re uploaded straight over the previous upload or is it a seperate download ??

Devilfish
28-08-2006, 10:19 PM
have you re uploaded straight over the previous upload or is it a seperate download ??

I deleted the original upload and uploaded again....should be in the same place!

loady
28-08-2006, 10:22 PM
in the mean time i have put on 2.90 which is working ok except for scanning, manual scan i always used to tick the inv box and set provider to 6952 and the freq to 118 to start my scans and would go, not so with this...i have left it doing a brute force scan at the mo and am going to bed now so i will check in the morning, if that hasnt found anything then i will know something is up and i will flash over your 3.10.

cheers

zeepool
27-08-2009, 10:31 AM
Thanks for you info
I would like some help too