PDA

View Full Version : Cant Upload Service Or Bouquets

cruisecontroller
27-05-2006, 02:05 PM
Can Anyone Throw Some Light On This For Me Please, I Have Nokia Running Pacinov2 Im Trying To Upload Service And Bouquets With Flashfxp When I Click And Drag The Files It Says 1 File Failed To Transfer, My Firewall And Anti Virus Are Switched Off:(

Hunter
27-05-2006, 02:09 PM
have you tried yweb to transfer them over??

cruisecontroller
27-05-2006, 02:16 PM
No I Havent Even Heard Of It Hunter

fergalsworld
27-05-2006, 03:19 PM
have you tried right clicking on the file and choose transfer
see if that works.

cruisecontroller
27-05-2006, 04:23 PM
yes i tried right clicking on the file too, should there be any other files in the /var/tuxbox/config/zapit folder or just the service and bouquets because i have no file in that folder at all

fergalsworld
27-05-2006, 04:52 PM
I think there should be a scan.conf and myservices files in there
you could try and reflash it see if you get the same problem

cruisecontroller
27-05-2006, 05:08 PM
im having problems reflashing too, some people say it can take 20/30 attempts or so. i can connect using flashfxp no problem but when im using dbox 2 flashing assistant i cant get it to flash the dbox

fergalsworld
27-05-2006, 06:10 PM
when using flashfxp will it let you transfer the image into the /tmp folder
if it does use your remote to flash it.

cruisecontroller
27-05-2006, 07:24 PM
it has let me load the image onto the //tmp folder but i dont know how to flash it with the remote can you help me please

scruff1963
27-05-2006, 07:29 PM
dbox
service
blue
red
write partition
flash without bootloader..
make sure it's the right image 1x or 2x or you will need ifa

cruisecontroller
27-05-2006, 07:38 PM
i now have FILE SELECTOR and underneath it it says cancel and dosent seem to be doing anything after following your instructions

scruff1963
27-05-2006, 07:46 PM
if it only gives you the cancel option the the image isn't in /tmp
what is the image your flashing called
it has to be *.img

cruisecontroller
27-05-2006, 08:06 PM
the file is pacino_v2.1_[1x].img i have really broke it now, the flashing went ahead after a while now all i see on the lcd is kein System, do you know anything bout that mate, sorry for being a nuisance

Devilfish
27-05-2006, 08:46 PM
You have flashed a 1x image (designed for boxes with only 1 flash chip). All nokia boxes have 2 flash chips and you need a 2x image.

The only way to get it going again is to flash a 2x image using IFA.
Make sure all your antivirus is shutdown and exited and all firewalls have been disabled (including XP firewall). Keep the box unplugged until you click the last 'OK' in IFA and the box minimises to the bottom left of the screen...then plug the box in. It should then say 'FLASHING' on the lcd and 'FLASHING DONE' when it's done. If it still boots up to Kein System then press the UP arrow and STANDBY on the front of the dbox or unplug it and plug it in again. It can take several attempts to get it working but if you're up at 20 attempts then you might have something wrong with your setup. Using a null modem is advised but it's not essential. If you're having problems, use a null modem cable as this stops the boot process and allows the PC to take over.

cruisecontroller
27-05-2006, 09:10 PM
hey hey im going to try what you say mate, will let u know how i get on thanks very much all you guys for your time and information