PDA

View Full Version : dongle wont work?

notanotherone
27-08-2006, 07:56 PM
i had this posted in computer section had a few replies but still the same so i thought i would bring it in here.i got a dongle so i could download stuff to my mobile and it came with blue soliel 1.4 which wouldnt work on my main computer so went to the site and uploaded up to date version of it it comes on and after 1 min switches off with out doing anything?am using xp sp 2 by the way home version now i went to my lappy done the same downloaded udate and it works fine it connects everytime why wont it work on main computer but will on laptop?

olly
28-08-2006, 11:43 AM
I had a similar problem with the bluesoliel software on my pc,but what was happening on mine was the hardware was not getting recognised straight away,so i left the dongle in for a few mins,then installed the software off the bluesoiel cd,and it worked.
I guess with mine it was taking so long to see my new device,and i was miffed to what was going on for days!
do you have all the instructions that came with the cd?,or are they no help to you:help:

notanotherone
28-08-2006, 04:51 PM
i have instructions with the cd m8 but even went to the site and done a n update from them even e mailed them 3 times but no reply from them at all (ignorant g***)i cant figure out the fact that i have it on me lappy and never had a problem but cant get it onto my main computer have tried what you said as well and no joy its just that i would love it to be on my main one just in case

olly
28-08-2006, 05:41 PM
Have you tried another device in that usb port, to make sure its working fine?

I know it uses the drivers from the cd for the dongle and not windows own.
Also i had to setup another network for this device to work on mine,but i guess you know,or have tried all this!!

notanotherone
28-08-2006, 05:56 PM
yep tried all of that that even uninstalled and it even in regedit as well lol its just insane aint it lol

olly
28-08-2006, 07:33 PM
Does the software start up,when you fit the dongle to your pc,if so its diffiently recognising the device as the software would not start,as this was the problem i got!
It done my head in for days,and it was just something so easy in the end,lol.:bomb:

notanotherone
28-08-2006, 07:44 PM
everything starts m8 and once i reboot it starts up (bluesoliel) but just hangs there does nothing then shuts down lol

olly
28-08-2006, 07:54 PM
Dont think i can help then bud,as im not that good with pc`s,just basics,so was just going through the process i had to deal with!:(