PDA

View Full Version : Sammy not updating

s0000
27-05-2006, 12:54 PM
Hi
I have a sammy 2100 which I have jtagged and got ird and bk, set netid and programmed a funcard. But I cant get it going, the lcd keeps on switching from LD:20 to LD:30, I have tried to force update it by < ch+ > but dont work, I get 0 channel when I press down arrow without cable feed but just boots up again with feed. I left it overnight to see if it would update but no luck, any suggestions, thanks

twobeercans
27-05-2006, 02:48 PM
set the pin number in the eng menu.
don't knmow why it would but last one i did wouldn't go unless i set it, also make sure the frequency is set correctly.
remove any splitters ect from the cable feed. this includes broadband ect. then connect the box directly to the feed as it enters your house.
try that see what happens

s0000
27-05-2006, 05:32 PM
Hi
I reset the pin, set frequency and password again, it somehow suprisinglt came on after a while booting up at 7 but I was only getting the fta channels, but when I rebooted it went back to before showing LD:20 and LD30 on lcd screen, I have splitter in the box outside but I also have a pace which works fine so dont know what the problem could be

twobeercans
27-05-2006, 07:52 PM
this problem can also occur if your signal levels are to high. boot the box to the eng menu and check the signal strength.

s0000
27-05-2006, 11:43 PM
It varies but mostly around 41%, its orange so I guess it is a poor signal, I have tried it at a friends place and its the same, but at his when I press down button at LD:20 it boots up fine after but can only get fta channels, could it be a software problem? might it need an upgrade/downgrade? im in ex C&W area

twobeercans
28-05-2006, 08:48 AM
it should work wit hcr3 or 3.2 no problems. if you only get fta channels then you need to look at the card! what card are you using?

gaz_0001
28-05-2006, 01:47 PM
I had similar problems when using fun cards. I now use AU Moscs. They are as cheap as the fun cards, and easier to use, and i think they do the same,only better.

s0000
28-05-2006, 09:57 PM
Im using a funcard, but thats another problem which I have not fully come to as of yet! I still cant get it to boot up just on its own. I will try reseting the battery again and then see if it updates before inputing netid although I dont know if that will work

s0000
05-06-2006, 12:27 PM
I have been trying to somehow get this box going but not luck at all. :sad: I reset the battery again and set netid again but the box just does not update. I thought it may be my signal which may be weak but tried at a friends place and still the same, stays on the white NTL picture on the screen going from LD:20 to LD:30 on the LCD and nothing else, left it overnight too, does anyone got suggestions how long you should leave it to update itself? Also, I think the box was pure NTL before but need it on exC&W now.