PDA

View Full Version : Picture on freeview

olly
26-08-2006, 12:36 PM
Hi all,hope im in the right section to ask this;
I have the freeview box, connected by scart socket/arial lead,but when i switch from normal tv onto the freeview box,the picture has started to roll and cannot figure whats doing it,as its only started the last month or so,and its getting annoying that i sometimes turn it off now!

Also what does the freeview codes entitle you to?,ive done a search but cannot find anything concrete,accept for access to sentana/redhot channels but would be interested!

cheers all:wink:

Stantheman
26-08-2006, 01:27 PM
Hi All

I have been asked on several occasions,is it possible for freeview to be
hacked?

I dont know the answer to this ,could someone pls enlighten me?

Thanks
StantheMAN

callisto11
26-08-2006, 02:23 PM
Hi All

hacked?

Thanks
StantheMAN

If you've had no replies after asking several times, the perhaps it cant be hacked :google:

Actually top up TV cant be hacked, AFAIK

As you mention, Setanta, TVX and RH can be viewed with the right software and codes, and if you manage to get enough posts (15) then you may be able to enter the Freeview Codes forum where more answers await :9:

Tallywadger
26-08-2006, 04:41 PM
If you've had no replies after asking several times, the perhaps it cant be hacked :google:

As you mention, Setanta, TVX and RH can be viewed with the right software and codes, and if you manage to get enough posts (15) then you may be able to enter the Freeview Codes forum where more answers await :9:

Or if you go with your new avatar Callisto..you should hhave said it like this....

If several times no replies you have had after asking, hacked it cannot be perhaps..... ;-)

mikey2006
26-08-2006, 06:44 PM
u need enough post i think its 10

olly
26-08-2006, 07:13 PM
So nobody can answer my initial question, about the screen rolling on freeview??
My post count may let me in if i ask then, maybe!:help:

thebighippo
26-08-2006, 08:40 PM
With the rolling screen - either your set top box is broke or maybe the scart cable came loose? Make sure they are pushed fully home.

Stantheman
27-08-2006, 09:57 AM

So
Does that mean that freeview can be hacKed?
Thanks
StantheMAN

Stantheman
27-08-2006, 10:04 AM
With the rolling screen - either your set top box is broke or maybe the scart cable came loose? Make sure they are pushed fully home.

HI M8

I have the same problem on my freeview box.
I found that the centrakl heating was causing a problem,you need to put some kind of compresion capacitor on the input to your freeview co-ax input
maybe a capicito to block any spurious signals generated when the central heating kicks in.

Hope this helps
StantheMAN

olly
27-08-2006, 12:01 PM
I found that the centrakl heating was causing a problem,you need to put some kind of compresion capacitor on the input to your freeview co-ax input
maybe a capicito to block any spurious signals generated when the central heating kicks in.
Hope this helps
StantheMAN

No central heating is on at the moment,but something else maybe causing it i suppose,whats a capicito?and how do they fit to the co-ax input?where i can i get one from,Maplins??,thanks mate.

Stantheman
27-08-2006, 12:43 PM
HI M8

It could be any electrical aapliance causing it,

I have a cooling fan in my bedroon & when i switch it on it causes my samsung ntl box to freeze momentarily!!

what you need to look for is a power supply type conditioner,youknow the type its a trailing mains socket that prevents power surges & inyerference on the mains supply to your freeview box.

You have to plug in the mains to the surge protector.Have a look thro the maplins catalogue,they probably sell one!!
Hope this helps
StantheMAn

olly
27-08-2006, 12:50 PM
Sorry to be dumb mate,but im not sure of what i need? do you have a link to a web address to what i may need,thanks again,olly:(
Is it one of these??

Shop for Masterplug Switched Surge Protector. at Argos.co.uk (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. 3598.Accessories%2Band%2Bbatteries%3EC%24cip%3D436 12.Leads%2C%2Bconnectors%2Band%2Badaptors.htm)

Stantheman
27-08-2006, 01:09 PM
HI

Yeh something like that should do the job.

As i understand it your picture rolls? does it roll horizontally or vertically?

Also with freeview boxes the aerial installed HAS TO BE SPOT ON
THE freeview boxes are notorious for picture freezing etc, if the aerial is not aligned perfectly.I hope you are not using an internal aerial!!lol
All the best
stantheman

olly
27-08-2006, 07:30 PM
It rolls horizontally,and it was perfect for months, and started to do it recently for some reason that i cannot understand.Aerial is giving good reception,on the freeview box,with no freezing at all,not internal.(:|

groovyleigh
28-08-2006, 04:58 PM
Hi All
hacked?
Thanks
StantheMAN
To get into the area of the forum where you need details about Freeview you must meet the requirements on this page:
http://world-of-digital.com/forums/f26/1166-freeview-codes-read.html

kwon
01-09-2006, 08:39 AM
It's a capacitor and it supposedly suppresses interference. This will need to be in-line somewhere probably in the aerial connection. If i am wrong someone will correct me.

olly
01-09-2006, 12:10 PM
I have 2 different answers now to my problem,so i wonder which will sort it,don`t want to waste money if the one does not work!May try a maplins store and see what they advise then,thanks all for the replies.

kwon
01-09-2006, 12:45 PM
Let us know how you get on as it may save us a few quid:)

olly
12-10-2006, 07:28 PM
I think the box may of just being on its way out,as the misses was watching it,and it suddenly lost the picture with a white line across the middle,a few days ago.Tried it on another tv,and even tho the picture came on it was now rolling none stop,so i guess its just had it! its an alba,and about 2 years old.

kwon
25-11-2006, 01:30 PM
Did you manage to sort this out????

Freeviewer
26-11-2006, 01:36 PM
Have you made sure everything's connected properly and that your SCART leads are plugged in correctly? Also try checking that your TV is switched to the right SCART channel. Consult your TV's manual if you're not sure how to view your Line In / SCART channel.