PDA

View Full Version : Pace 1000 help

kwon
26-08-2006, 12:19 PM
I have a pace 1000 ex c&W using a autoupdate card. I have have lost some channels. Any ideas?

IAmATeaf
27-08-2006, 05:31 PM
check your signal strength, that's normally the cause of some channels disappearing.

kwon
30-08-2006, 05:39 PM
Signal strength looks ok?? Is there a way of improving the signal strength with a booster or something similar?

thanks for your help

vinc21
01-09-2006, 10:17 AM
you could always have your card reprogramed then you will know which way to go.vinc21

IAmATeaf
01-09-2006, 10:52 AM
Signal strength looks ok?? Is there a way of improving the signal strength with a booster or something similar?
thanks for your help

it's not due to the on going channel remap that the cc are going through at the moment is it? what channels don't you get then and have the channel numbers changed?

kwon
01-09-2006, 12:41 PM
I have had another look at the engineers menu and it reads as follows: Page 12 All green except SNR estimate which is marginal (fluctuating between 27 and 29db) Page 13 A bit more activity here. SNR fluctuating between red and green Lock staus - Not locked. I have now lost all of the movie channels and sky sports 3 not to mention a few others. I was really hoping not to have to reprogramme the card as my mate has moved away. Should I throw it out of the window???

IAmATeaf
01-09-2006, 04:37 PM
if the signals fluctuating then doing a new card won't help, if you have a subbed box does this do the same? if it does then you can call n@l and tell them to haul their asses over and fix the problem. if you ain't got a subbed box then starting outside work your way through all the connections and cabling making sure all the connectors are both sound and securely connected.

kwon
03-09-2006, 01:35 PM
Decided to swap boxes over and have freezing with channel five so have called in NTL. Thanks for your help.

kwon
06-09-2006, 06:59 PM
NT hell came and changed the subbed box and fitted a forward path equaliser (anyone know what this is) The box was left to update with new software (what is this) would you believe he box is still updating 24 hours later?? I have phoned them twice and rebooted god knows how many times!! I have been on hold now for 30 minutes and counting!! Maybe I will change service to Sky!!:please:

kwon
06-09-2006, 07:03 PM
Don't know why they changed the old box as it had only been used twice (he he!!) NT hell said the fault was in the box. I could not tell him it was not otherwise I would have been rumbled!!