PDA

View Full Version : Scale and Polish at the Dentist

superflyguy
25-08-2006, 08:05 PM
Had my third scale and polish today and can say that I had a really good time!! Numbers 1 and 2 were fairly pleasant ... gentle clean, polish and floss - no problems, teeth felt good.

Today - different story (different dentist also). I'm sure a sharp pointed implement was stuck up between my teeth and gums and wiggled about - not sure if it was nerve pain I felt or just the tearing of my gum wall - then a hammer and chisel was used to prise open a gap between all my teeth. Then my tooth enamel was scraped off with a scraper - well it felt like that. It looked like a bloodbath when I rinsed.

I would consider that I have very good oral hygiene imo - is this a typical scale and polish experience?

Teeth do feel good now but don't think I'll look forward to the next one.

Diablo13
25-08-2006, 09:02 PM
That used to be a typical experience for me too. I hated going to the dentists. Needles, high speed, wrestling a rabid wife, no problem, but dentists no way, I'd rather watch 10 series of Big Brother.
Dont have the problem now as I've got plastic ones. Maybe not perfect but at least if they hurt I can take them out and I much prefer Steredent to a scraper.:help: