PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo DS Supercard

dlomas
25-08-2006, 03:40 PM
Hello,
Does anyone have a Supercard/passkey for a DS, and is so how do they work and where can I get one?

I know they allow you to put games on an SD card and run them but every site I find is vague relating to exacly what you need/do to get it working?

Thanks
In advance

hakz
25-08-2006, 04:11 PM
a passkey and a supercard are different, but both are required to run the rom

a supercard is like an adaptor for a flash card connecting to the GBA slot of the Nintendo DS. The passkey is a DS card that allows you to run the ROM from the flash card, stopping the security measures in place on the DS.

You can get a supercard and passkey from Buy a SuperCard here (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Check my other guide for more info, it also gives a link to a really good guide on DS hacking.

hakz
25-08-2006, 04:13 PM
also, a supercard isn't the only flash cart available, but it is the cheapest and still cool (I use one and all of the ROMS that I have found work).

simo2k
30-08-2006, 08:04 PM
hiya my brother has 1 i will have a talk to him about it he has a 1 gig mini sd card that he puts in the gba card and runs loads of games off it you can also play others properly over wifi even though they havent got the game i think it quality...

will try and get back shortly if he comes down tonight to give more info..

hakz
30-08-2006, 10:17 PM
please not you have to have a micro sd card if you want a supercard lite. i can't remember what supercard version accepts mini sd cards.

mafiasilk
04-09-2006, 11:48 AM
The superpass can be used as a one time throw away device, by flashing the internal DS memory, using flashme.nds, this is the best way to go.

hakz
04-09-2006, 11:00 PM
I don't think so. I mean you void your warranty if you decide to flash the firmware, and you won't be able to go into sleep mode without a ds cartridge in the ds slot anyway.

mafiasilk
05-09-2006, 09:16 AM
Yes but I read that flashing the firmware was undetectable if you use the version with the health screen displayed? Am I wrong?

hakz
05-09-2006, 12:43 PM
hi, but don't you have to remove a warranty sticker?

mafiasilk
05-09-2006, 12:53 PM
Is that the one over the SL1 hole?

hakz
05-09-2006, 02:02 PM
i think so, i remember having a quick read on a tutorial and I'm certain there was a warranty sticker that you have to remove

sammo
03-11-2006, 06:55 PM
Hi

Could someone who does this tell me please - is it a lot of aggro working the super pass key stuff for the ds?

I mean is there always software / firmware updates needed to run new games and stuff?

Thinking about going this route instead of spending on a game next time you see.

unlocker_king
17-11-2006, 04:47 PM
i recently bought super card its the best things ever smmooth easy to use and the best investment you cna make,

so do the maths

hakz
19-11-2006, 11:14 PM
There are a lot of firmware upgrades, they are not frequent, but when they happen, more games are supported. But I don't think you will run into many unsupported games.

sammo
21-11-2006, 05:57 PM
I think I'm sold cheers for the feedback

sifurlong
29-01-2007, 01:29 PM
I own a DS with supercard and passkey. You can get various versions of the supercard, but would advise sd or miniSD as ther have been problems with bent pins on the CF versions (no originally but damaged through use).
The system itself is very easy to use. Load the roms on via software provided with the supercard, plug the memory card into the supercard, then that into the GBA slot. Plug the passkey into the DS game slot and of you go. It give you a simple menu system from which you can load your games. I have a 2GB MiniSD card and it holds well over 50 games.

digits
20-12-2007, 09:10 PM
sorry i may have done this wrong,ive been told that u put a certain software on the card then the games then it works ok,but i dont know what it is or how to use it as i dont know were to look to learn

digits
20-12-2007, 09:26 PM
can u tell me how to get supercard and passkey,and what is gba slot,do i use an ordinary sd card as for phones or is it different.do i use a pc and usb for anyways of putting games on

digits
20-12-2007, 09:38 PM
were do i find ur other info please im new

sifurlong
21-12-2007, 10:26 AM
Better off getting yourself an R4DS or an M3DS though both of them are in real short supply at the moment.

Search google for R4DS and dealextreme and you may have some joy

morpheus65
15-01-2008, 03:13 PM
Google for the r4ds card. its a card with an microsd in it. you can just download ds games with your pc and put them on the sdcard. flip it in your ds and your off. its about 60-70 euros (sorry i am dutch, probably 50 pounds or so)

Hitman
15-01-2008, 11:20 PM
be careful what you but, i hear that there are a lot of fake r4ds around.
Have a look here Google Image Result for To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. l%3Den%26rlz%3D1B2RNFA_enGB242GB242%26sa%3DN)