PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft falls into line with Korean anti-trust order

Shipoftheline
23-08-2006, 01:12 PM
Microsoft will start selling a stripped-down version of Windows in South Korea this week which doesn't include its media player or instant message software.

The stripped down version of Windows XP is required so Microsoft can fulfill promises made to Korea's Fair Trade Commission (KFTC). The KFTC ruled in December that Microsoft must pay $34m and provide a version of XP without certain features. The ruling is not dissimilar to the European Commission case, but Microsoft has described it as even more severe.

Microsoft appealed the decision in March but lost.

The first complaint about Microsoft came from Korean portal Daum, but Microsoft paid it $30m to go away in November 2005.

Microsoft is still waiting to hear the verdict of its appeal against the European Commission anti-trust decision

Doe's anyone know why goverments are so obessed with a company that obviously give their customers what they want. They own this we pay for a licence to use it and now have goverments telling them what we want :bomb: .

Next we'll have them telling Ford to remove the stereo's and seats because thats anti competitive, ikea & Stereo world want to get into the act

Microsoft falls into line with Korean anti-trust order | The Register (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/08/23/ms_korea_xp/)

scruff1963
25-08-2006, 01:03 AM
If it wasn't for microsoft and bill gates foresight most people wouldn't have computers.

The windoze platform allows anyone with no knowledge to use a computer.

I think it is shameful that people knock him for not only leading the way but doing it in real terms dirt cheap.

Before win95 I had to pay for netscape and an email client now they come built in as standard how can that be a bad thing for the consumer ?.

I smell back handers and brown envelopes.