PDA

View Full Version : windows 10 update in October

thelostone
27-09-2018, 12:41 PM
Just a heads up
In its constant mission to support Windows 10 with major overhauls, Microsoft has shifted its attention towards development of Redstone 5, or the Windows 10 October 2018 Update
The Windows 10 October 2018 update is the next big update for the operating system since the 2018 April update and brings with it a number of improvements. Swiftkey will allow for typing with onscreen keyboards by swiping, rather than tapping; added support for Microsofts “Your Phone” app, which lets you synchronize your mobile device with Windows; a Clipboard history that lets you go back to things previously cut and copied, and updates to Windows 10s theme, as well as how it handles screenshots and HDR.

biker
10-10-2018, 04:07 PM
hi thelostone win10 is good until it go's wrong Monday my laptop installed latest update it took longer than before 3 hours later all done turned off went back on Tuesday to find no keyboard working tried all win 10 recovery tips even googled for info no help if i used google chrome browser keyboard worked but not in edge or search box this got me thinking it was fine before update so i looked at update history and i saw that microsoft had released the tablet version with touchscreen at the same time causing my laptop to install both versions because tablet version is smaller it finished first taking over my laptop without keyboard cure was to uninstall back to last working version which win10 keeps so no searching needed then with laptop working again went back and installed update again this time one version installed now working fine i would still say win10 is much more stable and you can repair software problems without complete uninstall and start afresh losing all stuff you wanted to keep yes i know you should backup never needed to anyway this little piece as tested my keyboard works fine cheers