PDA

View Full Version : Part P sparkys

Gazer
22-08-2006, 07:32 AM
Would like to know if we have any part p spark's on here at all ?????

Regards Gazer.

Diablo13
24-08-2006, 03:36 AM
Regards Gazer.
Would you like to tell me what a part p spark is first please because it sounds like camoflage paint or a long stand? Or if I don't know should'nt I ask?:(

little_pob
24-08-2006, 05:35 PM
Since 1st January 2005 electircal installations have had to conform to Part P of the building regulations. Now only 'Part P' registered electrians (aka: sparks, sparkies) can do most electrical works on domestic dwellings.

Non-registered persons are allowed to do repairs and minor alterations to an installation. These are defined as anything that you don't have to notify your local council's Building Control department, which are:

repairs and maintenance work or
extra power points or lighting points or other alterations to existing circuits (except in specially defined areas such as a kitchen, bathroom or outdoors)

And thats it! Anything more than that and you'll need to notify the Building Control department, however a 'Competent Person' (i.e. Part P sparks) will be able to advise you on this.

More info is avalible from PARTP.CO.UK - The home of Part P (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. its typically vague for a government website).

If in doubt always consult a competent person. Electricity kills....

Hitman
24-08-2006, 11:56 PM
I need someone to sign my electrikery of in my extension.
Can anyone here advise me of how much it will cost and/or what it will involve.

I fitted some 240v recessed spots in my kitchen but was told they need hoods or something.....i can feel the heat from them in the upstairs bedroom on the carpet, is this dangerous???

Not new to electrical work but dont have qualifications.

scruff1963
25-08-2006, 12:46 AM
I should be by October..

Gazer
30-08-2006, 08:29 AM

or any NIC sparks ?? if so can you pm me ta

Gazer.

scruff1963
01-10-2006, 09:19 PM
I need someone to sign my electrikery of in my extension.
Can anyone here advise me of how much it will cost and/or what it will involve.
I fitted some 240v recessed spots in my kitchen but was told they need hoods or something.....i can feel the heat from them in the upstairs bedroom on the carpet, is this dangerous???
Not new to electrical work but dont have qualifications.

Yes they need hoods under part b which is covered by part p.
I did the part p last week.
By not using the protective hoods you are taking out the protection your ceiling gives you in the case of a fire from the thermal effects and possibly from poisonous fumes given off by a fire.
I thought most spotlights were much less than 240v but I am new to this game.