PDA

View Full Version : ps3 games copied?

smooth_cruz_khan
21-08-2006, 01:38 AM
does any one think that copy games will be avlable like the last 2 playstations??or 20 games in 1 disk like the psp?
cos the games will start off at 45 a pop.

dave_c
21-08-2006, 11:18 AM
awkward to say m8 , i suppose it depends if they do em on blu ray , or the usual format discs that were used to and also if any mods come out for the ps3 to enable back up play

Shipoftheline
21-08-2006, 11:24 AM
doubt anyone will know until the thing comes out

Shipoftheline
21-08-2006, 11:46 AM
Just come across this so I wouldn't expect Sony to have the PS3 out by November like they said

DESPITE OTHER reports that the PS3 is currently in production with Sony already having received units, Sony Computer Entertainment American president Kaz Hirai has declared that no manufacturing has begun in an interview with gamespot.

Sony Playstation 3 manufacturing not yet started (http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=33813)

mr_kizah
21-08-2006, 12:30 PM
of course all new playstations are now "personal computers" :) so it should no problem!

Shipoftheline
21-08-2006, 02:12 PM
of course all new playstations are now "personal computers" :) so it should no problem!

If so they'll be paying more tax or we will

tony1888
21-08-2006, 07:07 PM
yip defo will be able to play copys on this format jist like any other format out will take a while to hack bit something will come out for it when its out :gun:

bb8ai
23-08-2006, 10:13 AM
Just come across this so I wouldn't expect Sony to have the PS3 out by November like they said
Sony Playstation 3 manufacturing not yet started (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. seems like that japan and America will get priority over UK, and a lot of people will be disappointed as their going to be out of stock quick.

Shipoftheline
24-08-2006, 08:36 AM
Its getting comical now

WE HAD a chance to get within five inches of what Sony claims to be the final production prototype of the Playstation 3 console. We could even touch the wireless remote but the machine didn’t work as Sony didn’t want to plug it in.
The marketing chap had the lamest excuse of them all, he said that Sony doesn’t want to show the live demo as there is a hidden secret feature that Sony doesn’t want to show off yet.
I can guarantee you that it super does not work and that Sony is merely showing what the machine will look like. There was a live demo - but from the developers' machines - of some developers' demos but you can clearly forget about the real hardware.
I don’t have any idea how it is going to produce enough Playstation 3 machines in time to meet the November timeline.
Here are some pictures to feast your eyes, in case there's a famine.

Playstation 3 works but Sony doesn’t want to show it (http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=33895)

fibzy
25-08-2006, 12:41 PM
Does anyone know if this is true... sony are apparantly looking into this below which will mean that your bought game will not even work on your friends ps3 so 2nd hand games are even out of the question, very silly move if its true imo

A story picked up by a several Web sites has caused a bit of a stir in the online gaming community. Games Radar is reporting that Sony has warned its retail partners that the selling of used games for the forthcoming PS3 game console will not be permitted. The report states that Sony's new licensing scheme would dictate that consumers will purchase a license to play a game, rather than buying the game itself.

Shipoftheline
25-08-2006, 01:06 PM
I first heard this about a year ago its all over the net do a google. Its another way for Sony to get more money

gizmo2ka
30-08-2006, 12:44 PM
HI ther. just thaught id tell you guys something special. the ps3 will get hacked and you will be able to play coppied games. you may think that sony and other major computer companies dnt want this to happen but guess what they do. they actually rely on the fact that it can be moded so that consoles will sell. and remember sony dont loose any money off coppied games because sony dnt actually make the games a third party will do that and then get a seal of approovel by playstation. and the whole blu ray thing, well there not even sure if there gonna market it. its gonna be something they have thaught of but then theyr gonna scrap it.

mani
23-10-2006, 01:39 PM
you probably will be able to get copied games for the ps3 i mean, the dvd's they are usng are available for sale (i think), all that is going to happen is that people will copy them less becasue the dvd will cost more, also even from foreign countries games will still cost around 5 - 10 pound (UK) a piece unlike ps2 games which you can get for 2 - 4 pound i think

DessertDog
23-10-2006, 05:38 PM
Just a reminder WOD do not condone the selling of pirated software do not post any links as a ban may follow thanks

goofie23
20-11-2006, 11:35 PM
im sure itll be yet another 6 months until we get results esspecilly if were talking blue-ray

Shipoftheline
20-11-2006, 11:43 PM
this post should be closed because no one will know at least for the next few weeks

boabness
21-11-2006, 01:29 AM
well with blue ray its no like all the other disc's in the past there well protected , as above post say so a think we are going 2 be up **** creek for a long time with this new format. only what a think going with what a have been reading about it, the new stuff the movie industry is doing aswell as and the new blue ray players will not play unsigned code dvd ether lol .and they know if its a copy X-(

Collider
22-02-2007, 10:28 PM
LOL even if they could be copied how long you reckon it will take to burn a dvd?

Gotta be like 3 hours pmsl,pretty big discs