PDA

View Full Version : IE7 Beta2 Uninstall

s5hah
20-08-2006, 10:56 PM
I tried to uninstall IE7 Beta2 from Add/Remove programs in control panel but it did not uninstall and is now not available to uninstall in this list. Has anyone figured out how to uninstall this so I can install Beta3? I am using XP Pro SP2 with all Windows updates but do not have a clean system backup prior to installing IE7.

bladesftp
20-08-2006, 11:01 PM
thats why i dnt like trying betas much

have u tried installing beta 3 over it?

l_like_smirnoff
20-08-2006, 11:02 PM
just got this m8 might help :
'
'
Uninstalling IE7 Beta Releases

We’ve noticed questions/comments/confusion about uninstalling IE7 so I wanted to highlight one of our FAQs and add a little more detail.

Uninstalling IE7 will leave you with a fully-functional IE6 and allow you to install the latest release, IE7 Beta 3, which we recommend for all IE7 beta users so they benefit from the latest bug fixes and security updates.

To uninstall Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2, Beta 2 Preview, or Beta 1:

* Click "Start", and then click "Control Panel"
* Click "Add or Remove Programs"
* Scroll down to "Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2" or "Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview", select it, and then click "Change/Remove".
* If not found, check "Show Updates" at the top of the dialog box, scroll down the list to "Windows XP - Software Updates", select "Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview" or "Internet Explorer 7 Beta 1" and then click "Change/Remove".

To uninstall Internet Explorer 7 Beta 3:

* Click “Start,??? and then click “Control Panel.???
* Click “Add or Remove Programs.???
* Scroll down to "Windows Internet Explorer 7 Beta 3", select it, and then click "Change/Remove".

If you still can’t uninstall, read on…

Note: %windir% is your Windows directory and usually located at C:\Windows

* “I can’t find any IE7 entry in Add/Remove Programs. What should I do????
o You can run the uninstaller directly using the commands below. Each is for a different beta release so only one will work. Note that to see these folders, you need ‘view hidden folders’ enabled.

s5hah
20-08-2006, 11:05 PM
I have tried all this from MS site as well. You cannot install Beta3 until you unistall Beta2. Unfortunately it is not listed at all in the list of programs to uninstall. I have also tried the command line method without success. Just wondered if anyone else has come across this and solved the issue.

Shipoftheline
22-08-2006, 09:20 AM
so you did click show updates then ?

callisto11
22-08-2006, 11:29 AM
but do not have a clean system backup prior to installing IE7.

I am may getting may wires crossed here, but when you refer to "backup" is that an XP Backup or a System Restore Point ?
If its the latter, then you may be able to go back to an earlier System Restore Point.

Also, there a thread about this problem here :

FlashICT.net » Uninstalling Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 (http://www.flashict.net/uninstalling-internet-explorer-7-beta-2/)

Jango
03-12-2006, 02:23 PM
I loaded the beta version when it first came out and applied the ms updates only the other night, the full released version of ie7 was part of it and that uninstalled the beta version automatically.