PDA

View Full Version : induction hob

berley
09-03-2016, 05:42 PM
I'm moving house shortly and putting in a different kitchen, I want an induction hob and thought it was just a case of once its fitted you plug in and away you go - apparantly not D'oh!

Last year when I done my present kitchen I bought all my intergrated appliaces from here, so plan to use them again.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. I note that they do have 1 induction hob which is 13 amp and would do what I wanted, but once I clicked onto it and watched the video it says you can only run 1 of the cooking rings at full power at a time, and if you tried doing the same with another it would auto reduce the heat, so that no good to me.

Onto 32 amp hobs, what sort of wiring do you need for them ? would it need a dedicated circuit ? and would a 32 amp allow you to have more than 1 cooking ring on at full power at a time ?

My oven will be electric as well, I bought this one last time and that just plugged into a normal socket, so I'd be buying the same one, so once I choose a hob can I still just plug oven into normal socket ?
http://www.myappliances.co.uk/prod/single-electric-ovens/electric-fan-oven-60cm-digital-programmer.htm

wullboy
09-03-2016, 07:28 PM
The 32 amp induction should run at full power so long as you have it in installed into your 40 amp cooker outlet, [ this is design for cookers only, and is a circuit on its own.... or should be ?? ] and the plug & play oven would be in a different ring [ the same one as your kettle, microwave, etc.etc. ]

berley
09-03-2016, 11:06 PM
Don't know from memory whats in the house, but I think there's a white box that you could wire into the back of with a red light on it ? It might also have either 1 or 2 sockets on the unit ?

notanotherone
09-03-2016, 11:50 PM
my one has a 40 amp fuse box and connected to the mains box i can have them all running at full power

dx100-uk
10-03-2016, 01:19 AM
Don't know from memory whats in the house, but I think there's a white box that you could wire into the back of with a red light on it ? It might also have either 1 or 2 sockets on the unit ?

yep that's it
hard wire into that.

dx

Gazer
10-03-2016, 03:08 PM
You will need a 6mm T&E from the consumer unit to a 45amp double pole switch and then from the switch to the HOB and this will need to be done by someone that is a qualified electrician.

Have a look in the kitchen and see if there is a switch like this in there or a outlet like this.

God help the new neighbours :sofahide:

alanjg007
11-03-2016, 12:24 AM
You will need a 6mm T&E from the consumer unit to a 45amp double pole switch and then from the switch to the HOB and this will need to be done by someone that is a qualified electrician.

Have a look in the kitchen and see if there is a switch like this in there or a outlet like this.

God help the new neighbours :sofahide:

so gazer...when you coming up then?

berley
11-03-2016, 08:57 AM
That's a good idea, I can get all my sparky work done for free roflmao