PDA

View Full Version : old mx box needs update

wullboy
22-11-2015, 10:41 AM
guys, I'm looking for an up to date kodi software, so as to try an revive a mx2 box [ i believe ] it has xbmc on it, but I'm hearing its kodi now, and has a wizard install so as to keep the box up to date.. [ the box belongs to my niece ]... cheers

marky1977
22-11-2015, 06:49 PM
Don't be so hung up about updating to kodi, it's all about the build you run inside it,

http://chrisbwizard.pcriot.com/kodi

wullboy
22-11-2015, 08:28 PM
a complete all singing and dancing running software would be nice...!!!!

wullboy
23-11-2015, 10:51 PM
Is it possible to take a back-up of a amazon fire stick and put it into a mx2 andriods box, or is it not compatable..??

fergalsworld
23-11-2015, 10:55 PM
Is it possible to take a back-up of a amazon fire stick and put it into a mx2 andriods box, or is it not compatable..??
I have never heard of that being done before, plus all these kodi wizard installs come with a lot of crap that just clog up the system, your better removing kodi and do a nice clean fresh install of it then just add the add-ons you need imo,
If you require any help just ask :)

wullboy
24-11-2015, 08:45 AM
That would be great Fergals, Where would we start m8 ??

wullboy
24-11-2015, 02:47 PM
Ok, fergals, have now been offered a fully loaded back-up from a friends mx2 box, so thank you so much for your generous offer of helping me out of my dilemma, much appreciated...Thank You...

Magnu420
26-11-2015, 05:35 PM
In my experience with droid boxes is they is no updated firmware for these ive tried a few linux,android but reverted back to android,my mistake was not backing up the original firmware so i lost the use of remote control. It wasnt a big issue as i use a wireless keyboard. As for fully loaded stuff dont bother, install a stable version of kodi for your type of box (on my mx box i use helix) then install the addons on mine i use primewire/1channel,genesis,uk turks and another one which i forgot for sports, these boxes have a small memory and all the fully loaded addons tends to bog the boxes down

Also i dont think the firmware off a firestick will work on a droid box. If you need a pointers for repos and addons just ask and we sort you out 😉

sent from 2 tin cans and some string

wullboy
27-11-2015, 08:29 AM
Thanks Magnu......:9:

ilovenzb
05-12-2015, 06:13 PM

i back upmy pc and but it on my andriod box works good use try this m8
BEST WAY TO BACKUP & RESTORE YOUR KODI CONFIGURATION
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj30wlIkEJc