PDA

View Full Version : what to do with latest ATmega fix...??

maikash2747
19-08-2006, 10:39 PM
hello guys

none of the ATmega tuts explain what to do with this fix......i'm sorry to be sooooo dumb but am i missing something here....?

got a atmega 163....followed the BIGIFA tut instructions......didnt work...!!

got a infinity usb programmer.........got my IRD and BK ready....don't know what else to do......any help would be really appreciated

regards

Gavpo
19-08-2006, 10:51 PM
hello mate...you need to use the fix as the flash and make your exteep with toxic putting in your bk and ird(backwards...ending in 12).the file made will be a bin file so you drag it over swapbinhex to convert it to a hex file.open your infinity program browse the fix file to flash and the hex file you made as the exteep.now just erase card and program the exteep first then the flash(fix) file no need for an inteep...ALL DONE

maikash2747
19-08-2006, 11:30 PM
thank u so much mate......now thats cleared......!!

about toxic 7 :

i've read somewhere that toxic 7 will make ur IRD backwards so a normal input is advised.....is that wrong ?......i don't need to put the BK backwards i suppose.....do i put a "fake" CAM ID or the one i got from the card ? ...

public keys :
do i leave it blank ? coz selecting my area which is NTL doesn't fill up spaces

flashing: do i flash the fix file and exeep file to card one by one...coz last time i just pressed write.

all the tuts suggests differently mate....its all very confusing.......i do appreciate ur help m8...cheers

Gavpo
19-08-2006, 11:48 PM
I put in the ird backwards but if its doesnt work for you try forwards,BK forwards, Cam just make one up .leave keys blank.program the exteep first as this will erase the flash.and then program the flash(yeh one by one from the drop down list).when dun unplug box,insert card and power up,may take a while to update though.Not the most reliable cards though...would be better off with rom11 and nagraedit
Hope this helps

maikash2747
20-08-2006, 12:26 AM
thanx a lot mate

got it working ( i think), had to put the IRD forward though......cheers

just curious....u mentioned..."ending in 12"......i wasn't supposed to put "12" at the end regardless of what my IRD is?

thanks

dave_c
20-08-2006, 01:11 AM
no mate just put ur ird in as it is , ird either begin with 12 or 3e depending on the box you have , if you put it in forward it will beging with 12 or 3e if u reverse it , it will then end with a 12 or 3e , there is no need to put anything on the end of urs