PDA

View Full Version : new image for DM600

berley
30-04-2015, 06:57 PM
Can anyone suggest a new image for an original DM600, at the minute I'm using the same one I've had on it for years (PLI Jade) but nothing is clearing on the box at all. I can connect to the box, I've tried my other working sealion just to rule that out, FTA channels are working, I've tried rebooting the box, doing a transponder scan but still only FTA Channels are working, rather than reflash with the same image from years ago I'd like to try a newer one.

notanotherone
30-04-2015, 07:54 PM
changing the image should not make a differance ive had the same image on mine since it first came out ive pm'd you

berley
01-05-2015, 06:07 PM
So can you suggest anything that might help rather than telling me what won't help ?

notanotherone
01-05-2015, 07:12 PM
r u restarting the cam when you reboot box,you say 1 sealion works but am wondering if its maybe in conflict with your working one ,what i mean is when you take it out and put into your other box it means you will have 2 running (maybe)i know when i try this i have to have another one to play about with ,can you take the line from box thats not working and place it into the one thats working?

berley
01-05-2015, 09:07 PM
I have tried my working line ( the one from my DM800) in my DM 600, obviously I wasn't stupid enough to have both boxes using it at the same time, although even if I had been at worst the picture would freeze.

The working line didn't clear in the dm600 either, so there's absolutely no point in me doing the reverse, ( as you've suggested) nothing is clearing on the DM600.

notanotherone
01-05-2015, 09:34 PM
Wot about using another camd?what one you using the now?

berley
01-05-2015, 09:38 PM
cccam 2.3.0 checked the downloads via the blue button on the box and there isn't a newer one available in there.

renwich
01-05-2015, 10:38 PM
is the dm600 able to access the internet..? can you telnet to the box login and type ping 8.8.8.8 if you get replys then thats not the issue, please try and post back

berley
01-05-2015, 10:47 PM
Erm renny its me your talking to, tell me what to do to telnet to the box and where do i type in 8888

i can go on flashfxp and connect to the box no probs if thats any help ?

renwich
01-05-2015, 10:59 PM
what version of windows are you using on your pc

berley
01-05-2015, 11:12 PM
Not sure if this is what you were meaning ?

berley
01-05-2015, 11:13 PM
I'm using windows 7 btw and soz didn't see your Q until after I'd posted.

berley
02-05-2015, 12:35 AM
@ renny done the ps -e again and there's none of them showing now, hope thats a good sign ?

fergalsworld
02-05-2015, 10:02 AM
Have you tried re-flashing it with one one of the images here
http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?303-DM600-Images

berley
02-05-2015, 10:20 AM
rather than reflash with the same image from years ago I'd like to try a newer one.

Have you tried re-flashing it with one one of the images here
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. They were uploaded in 2009 so no, hence the reason for asking if anyone knew of a newer one

fergalsworld
02-05-2015, 10:25 AM
They were uploaded in 2009 so no, hence the reason for asking if anyone knew of a newer one
There is no newer one's than them as its an old box,
try uninstalling the cam and re install it or a different version of cccam

berley
02-05-2015, 10:37 AM
I've uninstalled and reinstalled CCcam

berley
02-05-2015, 12:11 PM
I've completely fuxed this up, I flashed an openpli image, erased the flash with telnet then flashed with the browser, set it up as single disk or summit like that, pretty much pressed ok on everything, done a transponder scan, it found things, was watching bbc1 for about 10 mins, then i downloaded CCcam and CCCam.cfg, put my line in and saved it, transferred my saved channel list with dreambox edit, now nothing works including FTA so what have I done wrong ?

This is what i flashed onto it OpenPLi-beta-dm600pvr-20141116

berley
02-05-2015, 05:54 PM
tried flashing with dream up, opened dream up used com port 1 put a tick in "use network" all other boxes were blank (wouldn't let me input anything anyhow as i tried)pressed connect, got the message "connection prepared now switch on the dreambox" switched it on and got this message "is not a valid integer value"

fergalsworld
02-05-2015, 06:04 PM
Try these 2 dreamups
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. or
http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?52068-DreamUP_patched_by_forhike_and_natas

berley
02-05-2015, 06:16 PM
getting same message with the 1.3.3.4 and i was already using the other one which you've linked to

fergalsworld
02-05-2015, 06:43 PM
Go to device manager and right click on comport your using pick properties and change baudrate to 115200 and set to Xon \ Xoff see if that helps

berley
02-05-2015, 07:02 PM
ive seen that already while i googled it didn't work

fergalsworld
03-05-2015, 04:54 PM
tried flashing with dream up, opened dream up used com port 1 put a tick in "use network" all other boxes were blank (wouldn't let me input anything anyhow as i tried)pressed connect, got the message "connection prepared now switch on the dreambox" switched it on and got this message "is not a valid integer value"

Ok to fix the "is not a valid integer value" and successfully flash your box, try this method (if you have a router).
Go to device manager and right click on the com port you are using and pick properties

Change baudrate to 115200
Change Flow control to Xon / Xoff
click ok and close

Now Plug ethernet cable into box and router
plug ethernet cable into pc and router ( check what ip its been given and also check you can get on the net )
Plug null modem cable in to pc and dreambox

Now open dreamup 1.3.4.4
Choose the Com Port the null modem cable is connected to
tick use network box and put ip of pc in top box and ip of DM in bottom box

click connect it should say connection prepared switch on dreambox
plug power into dreambox and turn it on

Dreamup will now send the "Flashloader" to your dream.
If an error message appears press ok to close it
in the window it should say something like now in http or html mode

1:Now open a web browser on your pc and put the ip address in and press enter
The box will now be forced into "Bootloader stage".
It can take a long time before it connects to the dreambox.
Just have patience.
The web flash interface will open.
Select "firmware upgrade" at the bottom of the webpage
Select the image file (must be an NFI file) you want to flash in the dream.
Press the flash button and see if you get the flash progress % going along (it could take a minute to start be patient)
wait until you get the blue blocks and the finished message, you can now close everything down including dreamup
take cables out of the dreambox and restart it and it should boot up ok (be patient).

Try these if the above don't work
Start from the very beginning again and up to
If an error message appears press ok to close it now do the following

2: Dont open the web browser just click the flash button on dreamup and choose the nfi image to flash and see if it starts to flash,

If it dont,
3: Start from the beginning again but this time leave the ip's in dreamup but untick the use network box and click connect
If an error message appears press ok to close it
now click flash in dreamup and choose nfi image to flash

the last 2 choices could take anything upto 40 mins to flash because you are doing it via a nullmodem cable only, even thought the ethernet cable is plugged in
you will know if its flashing as it will say so in the window

The first option is the quickest way and usually works.

berley
04-05-2015, 08:52 AM
First option worked :)