PDA

View Full Version : Stopping and starting

brightspark
22-02-2015, 03:51 PM
Hi i have been watching films on xbmc (harry's films) Navi x and friday was great but last night it was stopping and starting is there any thing i can do to improve it.Also downloading films it download it says working then nothing does it go to a another lists thanks in advance.

Magnu420
22-02-2015, 06:00 PM
it could be down to the server where the films are on ie they bandwidth might be low or too many people using it also check your own net speed it might be that

Sent from 2 tin cans and some string

brightspark
22-02-2015, 06:20 PM
it could be down to the server where the films are on ie they bandwidth might be low or too many people using it also check your own net speed it might be that

Sent from 2 tin cans and some string

Do you mean the stopping and starting or when i download nothing happens are some films i heard they watermark them does this happen on navi x thanks in advance.

ilovenzb
22-02-2015, 07:12 PM
Do you mean the stopping and starting or when i download nothing happens are some films i heard they watermark them does this happen on navi x thanks in advance.

you ya with virgin media ???

1st try this
go here
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. test ya net speed remember your speed post it here

the try and turn you modem off for 1min the turn it back on
now

try a To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. remember your speed now post it here

just some time you need to turn ya modem off for 1min
post back and let us know how ya got on ?

brightspark
22-02-2015, 09:22 PM
I am on sky bb i got 2 x routers 1 for upstairs PC Desk top and 1 down stairs for MX BOX but i only use one at a time my speed is 100.0 mbps.

ilovenzb
22-02-2015, 09:53 PM
try a To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. remember your speed now

turn ya modem off for 1min then back on

try a To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. now test ya speed

brightspark
25-02-2015, 09:16 PM
try a To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. remember your speed now

turn ya modem off for 1min then back on

try a To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. now test ya speed

Did what you said 1st ping75 download 4.09 upload o.48 turn router off for 1min ping49 download 4.34 upload 0.49.

notanotherone
27-02-2015, 12:21 AM
How is your box connected?is it through wifi or connected direct ?try connecting it via a home plug and see if that helps

brightspark
27-02-2015, 09:09 AM
Hard wired through a second router and adsl filter I turn off the first router and what is a home plug.

berley
27-02-2015, 11:02 AM
First homeplug would connect direct to your router, 2nd and subsequent homplugs connect to any power socket then you can hardwire into any of the homeplugs, basically it would allow you to do away with your 2nd router and you'd be able to use your upstairs PC at the same time as your box that's downstairs.

billy149uk
27-02-2015, 03:09 PM
I was using homeplugs with my blade box and it would freeze constantly.I have another one upstairs which is hard wired to router and only freezes now and again.I came across this by accident on ebay and ordered it to try and see if it improves my connection.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. 13019
I can honestly say that after setting it up(easy to set up,5-10 mins)it has been running for just over a week and I could count on 1 hand the amount of times it has froze.Even at that it comes straight back on.It makes your box wireless and can therefor connect to your home wifi.For ?9.95 + free p/p I thought it great and have since bought another 2 for friends.

berley
28-02-2015, 01:50 PM
@ Billy did you ever try any other homeplugs to rule out a fault on the one you were using, the reason for asking is I have 2 dreamboxes connected with homeplugs and have never had any bother at all.

billy149uk
28-02-2015, 03:47 PM
@ Billy did you ever try any other homeplugs to rule out a fault on the one you were using, the reason for asking is I have 2 dreamboxes connected with homeplugs and have never had any bother at all.

Yes I have tried other ones.They say "dirty electricity " can cause problems with homeplugs.Not sure if that's what it was but using box with the gadget I bought from ebay makes a big big difference.
"Dirty electricity " can be caused by fridges/fridge freezers etc.