PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye skateboard, hello Hendo hoverboard

alanjg007
26-10-2014, 11:52 AM
Hendo and Arx Pax are working a hoverhoard, and it?s wicked if you?re into that type of stuff.

The board is a self-powered unit that levitates using four disc-shaped hover engines, which create a special magnetic field that pushes against itself. Purportedly, the current prototype can handle a full-grown adult or up to 300 pounds without any problem. A future revamp of the same technology, according to its maker, can handle up to 500 pounds.

?The magic behind the hoverboard lies in its four disc-shaped hover engines. These create a special magnetic field which literally pushes against itself, generating the lift which levitates our board off the ground,? according to Hendo?s Kickstarter page.

The hover hoard works as long as the surface is non-ferromagnetic, so there is a lot of work ahead for the California-based startup if we?re going to see people shredding it in big metropolis (like those sci-fi movies that make us drool).

Hendo doesn?t just want its hoverboard to gain traction. The team of big thinkers wants to popularize Magnetic Field Architecture (MFA), something they?re hoping to nurture and grow into an ecosystem that can completely change how we move about.

Early adopters can grab a working hoverboard for just $10,000?it?s steep, but that?s the price for space-age toys. People that want to just test the technology can chip in $1,000 for a personal session that comes with juice and cheesy puffs. If you just want a full-scale replica (non-working) of the board, you?ll need to chip in $449.

hendo kickstarter page (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/142464853/hendo-hoverboards-worlds-first-real-hoverboard)

berley
26-10-2014, 01:38 PM
Looks like fun and sounds like one of the main transport modes in something I've been reading about in a futuristic/sci fi trilogy by Scott Westerfield lol

alanjg007
26-10-2014, 11:36 PM
i wish i had 10000 dollars to buy one....

berley
26-10-2014, 11:55 PM
You and me both, it would be great to have that sort of money to waste.

alanjg007
27-10-2014, 11:19 AM
https://To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. watch it in action ( you see the board after the unneeded kid bit)