PDA

View Full Version : Funcard etc

cozierj
18-08-2006, 04:09 PM
I am a bit lost, can someone explain to me the difference between a Funcard ,Titainium card and a MOSC

Thanks

decoy7
19-08-2006, 02:11 AM
without being technical because that i am not, the cards are different and have different features, cost different amounts of money and require different programming methods....depending on which card you have you need to use the appropriate hardware and software that is compatible with that card.....if that at all helps you great....otherwise i'm sure there is a thread that explains the differences properly, use the 'search' as some may suggest to you.

edwardneville
19-08-2006, 09:32 AM
Go to the downloads section, you will loads of help files there which explain everthing about all the different types of card.

carvegio
19-08-2006, 10:32 AM
I am pretty new to the scene so excuse me if I am wrong.

But a crude explanation, I think, is this.

The original cards that come from the cable companies with the box are smart cards. The mosc is a modified original smart card. So, it means the original smart card taken from the cable company was unlocked (more than likely) and modified with a new image, usually autoupdatable.

The funcard and tit card are not 'offical' cards and ones you buy elsewhere and put images which try to emulate the original cards. These have varying degrees of success and longevity.

Smart cards are very cheap to buy like £5, so if you can get the bk and ird then just get one and program that and it will be a lot better.