PDA

View Full Version : ‘Halo 5: Guardians’, coming exclusively to Xbox One in Fall 2015

alanjg007
17-05-2014, 11:43 AM

Gamers have had wind of a new Halo game for a while now, with a smattering of unverified reports of a possible 2015 release date for Halo 5. Thanks to last year?s captivating Halo 5 teaser at E3, we knew that 343i was up to something?we just didn?t know if it was a Halo 2 Anniversary re-release or some other type of filler-esque game like Spartan Assault.

It appears that these rumors turned out to be spot-on, as 343 Industries has officially revealed Halo 5 Guardians, which will release in Fall of 2015 for the Xbox One.

The news officially broke over at the Xbox Wire, with 343i?s own General Manager Bonnie Ross delivering some interesting tidbits about the game. Halo 5: Guardians is a huge effort by the studio, and as Bonnie put it, 343i is making strides in maximizing every speck of the Xbox One?s power:

?Halo 5: Guardians is a bigger effort than Halo 4. That applies to the content and scope of the game, as well as the technology in what?s now a brand new and more powerful engine.

? Certainly there are some core elements carried over from prior games, but we?ve invested a huge effort in retooling our tech to take full advantage of the Xbox One?s hardware and ecosystem to create worlds and experiences worthy of next-gen.?

Ross also confirms that plans have been set in motion to debut the live-action Halo TV mini-series in 2015, alongside the game?s Fall release:

?And 2015 won?t simply be the year of ?Halo 5: Guardians,? it will also be a year that offers us a unique opportunity. The opportunity to invite old friends and new audiences into that universe through the ?Halo? television series, launched as a unique collaboration with Steven Spielberg and some of the finest creative minds in the business.

A series that will stand alone, as well as complement and enrich the game experience. We?ll have more to share on the ?Halo? television series as we near its projected fall 2015 release.?

Apart from the official reveal and a few banner pics and box art, info on Halo 5: Guardians is slim, and Ross assures that Microsoft will deliver a bounty of Halo-related awesomeness at their E3 media briefing.